• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing lenses, but couldn't identify the model

jkcajkca

Oakley Beginner
Hi fellow oakley owners!

Don't really know where to start, but luckily I found this forum and hoping you guys could help me.

To start off with my first post, before leaving my hometown for work, my dad (who happens to be an oakley fanatic too! owning more than a dozen of sunglasses) gave me one of his first oakley. However, due to its age, the lenses coating (not sure, refer to the pics attached) started to peel off and scratches are everywhere. I tried going to the Oakley stores, but they couldnt identify what model it is, so i cant but replacement lenses for it. BTW, only the MADE IN USA is there, no name.

Could you guys help me Identify the model so i could buy the right replacement (hopefully if they still exist) for it.

looking forward in joining the forum community!
aop1n7.jpg
25hcsp2.jpg
21locuq.jpg

Ciao!

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

What you have there is a pair of Unknown.

Oakley Stores/Vaults wouldnt likely have replacement lenses for these as they are getting on a bit.

Customer services may be worth a try either that or someone on the forum will be able to recommend a donor lens to have new lenses cut from

Yup, you have Unknowns.

Just do a quick google image search and you can see that the earstems are unmistakable. Unknowns are the only ones to have that contoured look.

And the link @Lexkempo posted is the correct lens shape. It may not be the same lens color, but for $15, you can't go wrong.

Your other option is aftermarket, but nothing beats Oakley clarity.

http://www.fuselenses.com/oakley/unknown.html

Thanks for that one! Im now fairly convinced about the model and the exact lenses that I need.

The next question is: Gold Iridium or Dark Grey?
Which is best? The Gold Iridium cost $3 more, but is it better?

Back