• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing 'O's

ST55

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys

Im a bit new here so havent had much time to go through the posts. Just wondering is it possible anywhere to replace O icons, and is there anywhere in the UK that would do a good job with repainting jaws for me Jawbones

Cheers

Paulus

The Icons are very easy to replace. Just get a small technical flat balde scewdriver or your nail & insert it under the edge of the Icon & gradually work it around so it releases the adhisive that holds it careful not to damage the frame around it though. Depending on the age of the frame you may need to apply the advise again BUT be carefull as to what you use. Some on here use a very thin double sided tape. I use a special automotive trim tape that adds no bulk to the back of the Icon. If you want your Jawbones repainting there is only one place the send them to. Speak to dr. Chop on here. He is in the USA but check his work out as it is AWESOME. There is a site on ebay in Italy that sells replacement Icons for Jawbones. Let me know if you want the details. Oh & WELCOME to the boards.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah if you could give me the details, i have a couple of colours in mind for the 'O's.

Ill hit up Dr Chop about the jaws

Paulus

I have a rainbow of jaws so might be able to help you out as well.

Boil some water in the kettle, pour it into a bowl, and dunk the icon in the nearly-boiling water. It will help release the glue holding in the icon and make it much easier to remove.

*Make sure you've removed the rubber and lenses before doing so*

Thanks guys

Oakster i want to get hold of the same colour jaw as worn by Team Sky if poosible. And im looking for a pair of icons for jawbones in the same colour and possibly the Union Jack

Latest Posts

Back