• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing rivet for switchlock mechanism for Fast Jacket?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Does anyone know if there's an easy way to replace a lost rivet for the switchlock mechanism for Fast Jackets? Or does anyone have a junk/broken frame they'd be able to somehow remove the rivet from?

I'm guessing if I tried calling CS they'd tell me it's a warranty issue and would have to send in, but wondering if there's a home fix for it, plus not even sure if the warranty is still good on them.

honestly you might be able to find a paperclip or finishing nail that is similar girth and just cut it down. i was thinking about that as i dropped one trying to re assemble mine, but i was able to find it. lol.

honestly you might be able to find a paperclip or finishing nail that is similar girth and just cut it down. i was thinking about that as i dropped one trying to re assemble mine, but i was able to find it. lol.
How did you get it out in the first place?

I used a paperclip in mine with a dab of superglue when mine popped out and got lost after a cycling crash. Not sure how to get the pin out besides getting wadded up with the cyclist that falls right in front of you, but I know the paperclip is a good way to fix it.

I used a paperclip in mine with a dab of superglue when mine popped out and got lost after a cycling crash. Not sure how to get the pin out besides getting wadded up with the cyclist that falls right in front of you, but I know the paperclip is a good way to fix it.
When you did that, did you end up locking the mechanism in place with the superglue? Or what was the superglue for?

When you did that, did you end up locking the mechanism in place with the superglue? Or what was the superglue for?
Well, the pin is made to lock in all by itself, whereas the paperclip can't, but i didnt know if the pin had to move freely on the inside part or the outside part, and i didnt want it to stick if i needed it to spin, so i used the dab of superglue as a wall to keep the paperclip in, but didnt let it touch the paperclip if that makes sense. So in short, the glue is just a wall to keep the clip in. Its not pretty, but it works.

I dont even know how that fu&@er popped out, because ive tried to get them out on purpose, and they won't even budge.

Called Oakley and expectedly, they can't send just the pin or the switchlock. Since I'm not the original owner, it wouldn't be covered by warranty, but they offered a frame replacement for $50. I can get a frame elsewhere pretty easily at that price, so just holding off for now. Might try to find if anyone has a junk pair I can scavenge parts from, or try the paperclip fix.

Called Oakley and expectedly, they can't send just the pin or the switchlock. Since I'm not the original owner, it wouldn't be covered by warranty, but they offered a frame replacement for $50. I can get a frame elsewhere pretty easily at that price, so just holding off for now. Might try to find if anyone has a junk pair I can scavenge parts from, or try the paperclip fix.
That's actually not a bad deal, compared to what they usually offer.

Latest Posts

Back