• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Replacing rivet for switchlock mechanism for Fast Jacket?

It's frame only, no lenses. If it was lenses too, I'd definitely snap it up.
Always remember too, if you don't like the first answer, hang up and call back until you do. It all depends on who you call. A friend of mine sat on his 6 year old half jackets, crushing them. when he called Oakley to order a new pair of Flaks to replace them, the guy asked him if he ever had Oaks before. He told him he had, and he told the guy about the broken pair. The guy at Oakley said to him that today was his lucky day, and he was going to send him a little something extra in the shipment. When my friend got the box, he opened it up, and there were 2 complete Flak Jackets inside! It's just smart business though, because my friend has more than paid for the extra flaks with all the stuff he's bought since.

The pin holding the fast jacket switch comes out by pushing from the inside toward the outside, you can use a stick pin or something similar size to push.

The pin holding the fast jacket switch comes out by pushing from the inside toward the outside, you can use a stick pin or something similar size to push.
There's two different pins; one connects the switchlock to the hinge, and one that connects the hinge to the frame. The hinge-to-frame can be removed as you describe (I've done it several times), but the one that I've lost is connecting switchlock to hinge, which is only exposed on one side and can't simply be pushed through. I don't know if they're the same pin.

Back