• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reporting A Bad Seller/trader From The Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to hear about this Jive...

agree with some of the members here... if it can't be resolved after a certain reasonable time-frame... it to ought to be aired in the open, at least to give the other members a heads up.

nevertheless, hope u get to resolve it soon.

All of the members on here know the rules when buying, selling or trading is done. We as members can support each other and provide the best assistance in attempting to rectify any transaction that takes place. However or whatever the situation may be, it should be handled by email or PM as so that the persons involved handle it quietly. With that being said we must take into consideration the following important rules when we look at this:

Exchange Area rules:

1) Any transactions discussed/performed in the Oakley Exchange are the responsibility of the buyers and sellers. Oakley Forums is not responsible for any purchases/transactions performed or discussed in this forum.

3)Do Not Scam - Any user who attempts to sell counterfeit products or scam other users will be immediately banned.

5) Because we are not involved in any transactions performed on this site, we can only recommend, a safe way to perform transactions. Our recommendation, is once you have the transaction planned out, have the seller go to Ebay.com, and create a posting for the items for the agreed price. The buyer can than immediately go on and buy the item. This way the buyer and seller are both protected by Ebay. This is just a recommendation of a way to perform safe transaction. You may perform than in any way you see fit.

I would also suggest following up with OakleyBoss and see if the second half of #3 fits the criteria of your situation.

Curiosity killed the cat but we are all mature adults and I think all the prying and eavesdropping is a little childish. Think it's best to handle this professionally, and let it be up to Jive after consulting with Mod's on what to do afterwards.
Sorry Jive! don't know anything about what/who this person is but really sucks it has to happen to anyone of us. Really hope you can take care of this and forget it, it's the holidays people, come on, this is wrong.

I am updating Oakleyboss by PM, lets try to keep this thread at a minimum with postings. We all know when stuff like this happens, that it upsets members. If jive wants to correspond with members by PM that is his choice, but I urge anyone who knows the situation to allow jive to handle it professionally and privately. Additional members getting involved doesn't solve this quicker or easier. Thanks guys!!!!!

I am updating Oakleyboss by PM, lets try to keep this thread at a minimum with postings. We all know when stuff like this happens, that it upsets members. If jive wants to correspond with members by PM that is his choice, but I urge anyone who knows the situation to allow jive to handle it professionally and privately. Additional members getting involved doesn't solve this quicker or easier. Thanks guys!!!!!
well said.

Ok, as XMetalManiac mentioned per the rules OForum isn't responsible for any trades in the exchange area, however I have contacted the seller to try to resolve this matter.

Jive was this deal through Paypal? If so you may be able to file a dispute, and get the money back, its at least work a try.

Hopefully we can figure this out!

With all due respect, I don't think Jive is asking for The Forum to take responsibility for the Transaction. My interpretation of his post is that he is asking if he can "go public" with the name of this forum member. If this forum member has other items for sale/ exchange I would more than likely not do business with him or her.

We have all read the "deal" threads between forum members, which always turns out positive. This would be a "deal" thread that unfortunately did not work out. Unless The deal threads are going to be banned all together I don't see the harm in discussing the high level details of the transaction in a professional way as a FYI to the other Forum Members.

As a new member here, I would appreciate knowing when deals go bad and who it involved. I don't necessarily need the dirty details, but just to know who the seller/trader is or was, so I may avoid any possible deals with him or her. I feel it helps keep everyone honest and straight up, for the most part. Just my humble opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back