• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reporting A Bad Seller/trader From The Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys I have been away from the boards for a bit. Thanks for all the feedback. Also, like someone said I am not looking for any mods or anyone else here to take responsibility for this. Sh*t happens and if I am out $265.00, lesson learned. I just want to prevent it from happening to anyone else. I am giving this guy until the end of this week to resolve this issue. It's been an ongoing issue for about 19 days now and is not moving forward one bit. OakleyBoss, I am sending you a PM. Oh, and I am a dummy for sending the money through paypal as a gift so I cannot dispute it at all which is the worst part.

please keep us updated - i am sure you will not find a solution . . .
you can also use the iTrader feedback at the end of the transaction so everybody will know.

good luck bro!!!!!!

With all due respect, I don't think Jive is asking for The Forum to take responsibility for the Transaction. My interpretation of his post is that he is asking if he can "go public" with the name of this forum member. If this forum member has other items for sale/ exchange I would more than likely not do business with him or her.

We have all read the "deal" threads between forum members, which always turns out positive. This would be a "deal" thread that unfortunately did not work out. Unless The deal threads are going to be banned all together I don't see the harm in discussing the high level details of the transaction in a professional way as a FYI to the other Forum Members.

I agree & I'm sorry but NAME & SHAME them so other members can be made aware & not caught out.

So sorry that happened to you Jive. Sending it as a gift just makes this all worse, that's why I ask every buyer to add 3% so I don't have to eat the fees. Much better to do that then send money as a gift and potentially getting scammed.

I hope this gets resolved though. If not I'd like to know who the member is so I can make sure I don't do transactions with him.

Don't let one bad egg ruin the "gifting" process for everyone.

I say once people have established feedback then the gifting thing shouldn't be an issue.

I personally haven't had any problems yet with sending or receiving gifts

I agree with most of the comments here, but surely to find out who it is, just use the Feedback Left For Others tab in Jive's Feedback part of his profile once he's left feedback. Quite simple really.

We all know it's good practice to check someone's feedback before dealing with them, either on eBay or on here. But what Jive's unfortunate problem should teach us is to perhaps especially consider the gifting / dealing with the Paypal fees questions if it's a newbie.

I actually think Batwolf's across the board policy seems sensible, cos we all generally get good enough deals on here so what's 3% difference gunna make?
Mrs H didn't mind paying it when dealing with Batters cos the deal was good and the 3% was just a few quid.

Having said all this, we name and shame bad eBay sellers in threads on here all the time. So the same policy should probably hold for other Forum members too.

I can certainly understand the need for discretion while the process is still ongoing but let's say if the guy did indeed scam jive (I hope not), he'd be banned regardless right? In that case we'd know who it is anyways and he would no longer be able to conduct business here as a result. In the meantime I'd hope that the staff would prevent the guy from conducting any more deals while this situation is awaiting resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back