• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reproducing Bob Heads And Torsos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morally, I would consider it wrong to copy something thats copy written or trademarked.

Legally, it's also wrong, but I don't think Oakley would go out of their way to stop him. They have bigger issues than going after a guy replicating display materials.

Besides, I don't think it can be done easily enough to warrant the price. I've thought about this also, and it would be hard to make something close enough and have it reproducible and still keep the cost far enough from the original that people will buy it. I thought about making a display cabinet, but I would have cost almost as much as an official display and would not have been worth it.

bad fishy said:
Um, didn't you make "o" keychains?

I did, however the shape isn't even close to exact. Nor is it a copy of one of oakleys keychains. Just because it's an ellipse doesn't mean I copied them. Nor do I claim they are Oakley official.

What he's talking about an exact one for one copy. Same as making fake glasses.

Oakley has instructed their employees to throw these away....as crazy as it sounds, it's true.......and as far as being "morally wrong"...I guess my morals suck, cause I'm in for 5 shadow heads, and 2 torsos.......if the bob heads were being reproduced for resale or something like that, I could understand someone saying it's "morally wrong", however most of these would be for collectors....would some of them be resold for huge profits? of course....do I give a sh*t? NO!! If anything it would drive the market on them down a bit so we could all afford to have a few of them. And if it's a huge deal and somebody wants to contact oakley and tell them their most dedicated fans "oakley nuts like ourselves" are reproducing their bob heads, then we can change em up a bit....put a certain identifying mark on them somewhere to point out that it was not an original done by Oakley.....or even better, Ed, just post on here that you've changed your mind in doing this....that you feel it's unfair to the financial stability of Oakley (a fortune 500 company).....and then you can start making them in a secret lair, and selling them for $400 a piece.....thanks Ed for thinking of us man.....I know I don't speak for everyone on here, but I sure do appreciate it!!

If making a copy of a Bob Head is treading on the gray area of legalities, then making a photocopy of printed material is also questionable, i.e. the thread about taking the exploded view of the Romeo 1 and blowing it up to print posters and selling them to board members.
Exactly, Everyone's morals will go as far to getting what they want. Like Stickers, Keychains, Romeo print.
You know the funny thing is so many people on here have display cases. Those are property of Oakley. There is a bar code on them and a sticker stating that. Yet people are selling those for huge profits. Now these are not reproduced but Oakley's property is being sold.
I am just saying.......

Exactly, Everyone's morals will go as far to getting what they want. Like Stickers, Keychains, Romeo print.
You know the funny thing is so many people on here have display cases. Those are property of Oakley. There is a bar code on them and a sticker stating that. Yet people are selling those for huge profits. Now these are not reproduced but Oakley's property is being sold.
I am just saying.......

I agree!!

I would also buy one. I'm not against his idea, I was just chipping in to the conversation.

Call me crazy. I'd never do it, but I'd buy one. People make crazy decisions. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back