• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reputable Ebay Sellers?

Had a bit of a search and couldn't find a thread on Reputable Ebay Sellers. I Am looking to buy a pair that planetearth981 has for sale. Looks to have good feedback and has sold plenty. I am still a bit worried with the amount of fakes around these days and people who use stock pictures. Any members here ever bought from that user?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section mods.

Awesome! Another Aussie on the boards!

I cant seem to find the seller you mentioned. You can always add a pic here from ebay and we can let you know if they're fake, or just add the listing number so we can take a look.

I used to live on the GoldCoast. Where abouts are you?

I dont buy stock picture listings and dont sell stock picture listings... My daughter helped me with some listings and posted some stock and other members pics, needless to say she is not helping anymore and lost her measly $2 per listing I was paying her.. lol

i dont buy stock picture listings and dont sell stock picture listings... My daughter helped me with some listings and posted some stock and other members pics, needless to say she is not helping anymore and lost her measly $2 per listing i was paying her.. Lol

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the replies. The item number is 270899581292 . I have bought off other ebay sellers in the US before like authenticglasses and they were great but they don't seem to have the x-squareds I'm after at the moment. I'm not willing to pay the ridiculous prices they want for them in Australia but yeah don't want to get ripped off either.

I know what you mean about rediculous prices here in Australia. Recently went into the Oakley store in Sydney and tried on the X-Squared to test out their fit on me. Guy turned around and said "yeah, they start at $550". There was no way in the world I was paying that much for a standard pair of XS. I ended up getting my Ducati X-Squared BNIB from a seller on the U.S eBay for $275 shipped!

My advice would be to shop around as much as possible. Don't just jump in and buy the first thing you see.

Are you fellow aussies aware of the recent entries on eBay Australia, all from different locations and all with 0% feedback selling gascans and split jackets and others for less than $70 AUD. I'd be very surprised if they were different sellers and something very fishy is going on. Oh and welcome Tap Twist Snap, hope you are surviving the wild weather mkII

So many fake Oakley sellers on eBay from Australia. I just steer clear of the ones with 0 feedback or the ones that have 100% positive feedback buy only from a handfull of sellers, not buyers. Some of their pics look rather convincing due to the particular angles they take. They know they are fake so the try to mask it by the way they photograph them.

Remember!! If in doubt, just post the listing number here on the forums and everyone will give you their opinions.

Back