• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Restoring A Gen1 XX TiO2

dash

Oakley Beginner
Restored an old and tired XX back to fighting form. this will be my new everyday beater.

details : http://dashwerks.blogspot.com/2014/09/restoring-15-year-old-oakley-xx-tio2.html
_YUM8259.jpg

Blasphemy! Just kidding. Nice restoration. Just curious tho, did you choose the lenses because you had the laying around, or because you prefer them over Oakley lenses? The fit obviously worked out but how is the clarity?

I think it's been well proven that one can't properly judge clarity merely from one's subjective experience... i.e. you can't tell just by looking through them, your eyes subconsciously correct...

I think it's been well proven that one can't properly judge clarity merely from one's subjective experience... i.e. you can't tell just by looking through them, your eyes subconsciously correct...
i was more so curious as to why one would use rudy project lenses in an oakley frame when there are known Oakley donors which may have cost the same amount of money/effort ti get put in.