• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Restrictions For Exchange Forums

vettefan

Oakley Beginner
Georgia
Hi,

This may have been discussed before but its something that I thought should be brough up.

Just wondering if people agree that there should be either a Minumum post count to post in the Exchange forums.
Or maybe you have to be a member for 30 days...

No matter what there will always be someone out there wanting to scam people.
I think if people can post in the exchange forum just after joining it enables scammers.

Thanks for the Link , Not sure how I missed that ...

While I agree that even after 50 post they may still scam someone on the forum.
It would be more work for them if that was there plan.

I will tend to buy from people that have over a set amount of post just so I know they have vested some time
on the forum and may want to stay in good standing.

In my opinion someones Seventh post shouldnt be for selling thousands of dollars of sunglasses.
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...ies-signature-series-plaintiff-many-more.html

I'm a member on another forum that institutes an "active and participating" rule which is at least 20 posts in the past 30 days...this limits the sale of pieces by more involved members...but I'm not a fan of any limits. IMO people here are pretty savvy....if they see you've been active for a certain amount of time and or good feedback, they'll buy, otherwise they won't

there's no way of knowing for sure you won't get scammed. So far I've been very fortunate on here and had only good experiences. Other than my very first one, and that was my fault. But always remember if it's too good to be true then it probably is and always use paypal. That way you're covered regardless.

I agree. I'm happy to say that I've had nothing but good experiences on here, and that everyone that I have dealt with, has been honest. It's good to know that there's a place where I know I'm getting something 100% genuine and correctly described, compared to eBay's "New Without Tags" when they are months/years old.

have to agree with walkerhonda243 & xInZax . . .
i sold a couple things and i bought a few pairs and i was always very happy with the contact, item, shipping and so on!
of course i used pay pal for everything :eek:)

As others have said this has been discussed before. I personally think it's a good idea but as someone pointed out, post count has no merit on whether the person is an honest reliable seller. Someone with 2 posts could be a better seller than someone with 1000, but I still prefer to deal with members who are semi-active on a daily basis and have previous trader feedback.

Back