• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Retina Burn Radarlocks

Sochi green radarlocks are coming out late summer/fall this year

And this is for sure? I have tried to contact oakley several times for confirmation, but according to customer services there is no planes to release this color.

Dr. Chops work is top notch and the paint will hold up better so you probably will save money going through him.

Won´t argue with you there ;).

Yep, some Oakley stores got Sochi radarlocks during the Olympics but they could not sell them. But they are coming later this year.

Oakley's CS is pretty firm on not leaking future plans in my experience. They just give clear-cut answers pertaining to current availability, and to be fair that's proper protocol so no one ****s up with misinformation. They had nothing to say regarding the Range-shaped Radarlock lens we've seen, and I'm probably one of the many who took a shot at the OCP earsock situation.

i have just done several pair, and if you follow on Facebook, you will have read my latest update to confirm not only will it be more durable, but probably the most durable paint finish available.

Doc, is there a difference between neon yellow and retina burn when we speak about Oakley factory colors? The neon yellow looks more intense in the pics, but I am not sure.

Doc, is there a difference between neon yellow and retina burn when we speak about Oakley factory colors? The neon yellow looks more intense in the pics, but I am not sure.
Yes, neon yellow is different, more intense for sure. Retina tends to be a bit more muted

I would be surprised if they didn't release them. What's the point of using millions of dollars in free product placement for a product that you will never sell. This is the exact type of buzz they want to create, and I definitely expect them to eventually release them.

I would be surprised if they didn't release them. What's the point of using millions of dollars in free product placement for a product that you will never sell. This is the exact type of buzz they want to create, and I definitely expect them to eventually release them.
Seems it would have been smart to release them closer to the Olympics, though.

Seems it would have been smart to release them closer to the Olympics, though.

Yeah 100% agreed on that. They've lost most of that "buzz". Just IMO its pointless to give athletes a pair of sunglasses to wear in front of millions, when you will never sell them. In the past they have almost always released the Olympic pairs around the Olympics.

Latest Posts

Back