• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Retirement After Tune Up

classicURGE

Oakley Beginner
I just got one of my 7+ year old Juliet back from HQ. With new lenses installed, the glasses are like new. This use to be my beater, go to frame. Now they feel new again I'm scared to wear them outside. I had 7 years with this pair and 13 years total with x-metal. I think now is a good time to retire all of them out of rotation.

These are sunglasses that are 7 years old,there are tens of 1000s of them out there,wear em.

Can anyone (tavers?) share whether they were charged separately for each Juliet tune up when they mailed in multiple pairs at one time? I've seen some posts on here where regulars show up at the HQ in person and get a bulk rate (or better). Thanks.

Can anyone (tavers?) share whether they were charged separately for each Juliet tune up when they mailed in multiple pairs at one time? I've seen some posts on here where regulars show up at the HQ in person and get a bulk rate (or better). Thanks.

I asked, but they wouldn't do a discount rate. Had to pay the fee for each one. Except my last one; they lost it for a few weeks. Thankfully they located it and tuned it up free.

Personally I think it's a bit stiff. It's a bit of a design flaw and shouldn't be so expensive to repair.

I just got one of my 7+ year old Juliet back from HQ. With new lenses installed, the glasses are like new. This use to be my beater, go to frame. Now they feel new again I'm scared to wear them outside. I had 7 years with this pair and 13 years total with x-metal. I think now is a good time to retire all of them out of rotation.

There is such a large number of these things in circulation that even if Oakley stops tuning them up, independent repair shops are going to spring up and fill the demand. All the wear items on the frame are already available aftermarket, and since the X-metal parts never wear out, that means you can wear a Juliet for the next two hundred years and get it tuned up like new for less than a c-note.

Wear them. I'll assume that they are a common colorway and not an Ichiro or some other sort of unicorn so why not wear them?
I've rarely understood why folks save things for "the next guy".
I doubt Billy Joel saved Christine for the next guy and I'm pretty sure Axel banged Stephanie Seymour like a screen door but I digress.
Wear 'em!

Latest Posts

Back