1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. classicURGE

classicURGE Oakley Beginner

I just got one of my 7+ year old Juliet back from HQ. With new lenses installed, the glasses are like new. This use to be my beater, go to frame. Now they feel new again I'm scared to wear them outside. I had 7 years with this pair and 13 years total with x-metal. I think now is a good time to retire all of them out of rotation.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

These are sunglasses that are 7 years old,there are tens of 1000s of them out there,wear em.

3. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

You can't retire a Juliet. Wear it with pride.

4. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I agree. They're meant to be worn. I just got 4 pairs back from tune up and I'm stoked I can wear them again.

5. Pulga

Pulga Oakley Beginner

Can anyone (tavers?) share whether they were charged separately for each Juliet tune up when they mailed in multiple pairs at one time? I've seen some posts on here where regulars show up at the HQ in person and get a bulk rate (or better). Thanks.

6. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

I asked, but they wouldn't do a discount rate. Had to pay the fee for each one. Except my last one; they lost it for a few weeks. Thankfully they located it and tuned it up free.

Personally I think it's a bit stiff. It's a bit of a design flaw and shouldn't be so expensive to repair.

7. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

There is such a large number of these things in circulation that even if Oakley stops tuning them up, independent repair shops are going to spring up and fill the demand. All the wear items on the frame are already available aftermarket, and since the X-metal parts never wear out, that means you can wear a Juliet for the next two hundred years and get it tuned up like new for less than a c-note.

8. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wear them. I'll assume that they are a common colorway and not an Ichiro or some other sort of unicorn so why not wear them?
    I've rarely understood why folks save things for "the next guy".
    I doubt Billy Joel saved Christine for the next guy and I'm pretty sure Axel banged Stephanie Seymour like a screen door but I digress.
    Wear 'em!

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah the Xmetal Juliet is one thing im not afraid to WEAR THE HELL OUT OF. it'll survive fine.. and in any case, just tune it up again

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I agree. They could have used a rubber that is less prone to degradation