• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Retirement c"O"llection

rex360hype

I should Work at Oakley
TX
As some of you have noticed, I'm slowly trimming down my collection. I feel like i've reached the peak of my passion in collecting so now I've decided that I can finally retire. This was a long journey to retirement, complicated by shifting from collecting X-metals to watches. That last step really put my life on hold. Don't get me wrong, it was a great pause, but a really costly one. No, I am not going away, but circumstances have changed and I will now dedicate more attention to other endeavors. I'll still be lurking around but will sadly stay in the sideline watching everyone else race for the best deals.

If you've seen my collection before, this will be a change. Less X-metals, more watches. This will be a smaller and more intimate album. The pictures that will be displayed here are items that I will either keep or use. If I decide to keep other items then I will add them here. But for now... This is my c"O"llection.

My very 1st X-metal circa 2001 - XM Ruby Juliet
XM Ruby Juliet.jpg

My favorite X-metal XS (Polished Carbon Emerald with Ichiro rubbers, XM Ruby, Plasma Ice with Ichiro rubbers, and Plasma Fire)
XS.jpg

24K Juliet and XS - Both of which now belong to proud owners but I just wanted to keep the pic ;)
32.jpg

24K R2 and Half X are under repair right now... Once they return I will update this post.
33.jpg

PB2
PB2.jpg

Titanium 12 Gauge
Titanium 12 Gauge.jpg

Excellent for daily use... Titanium KS with Stealth Bezel
KS.jpg

The road to destruction... TB2 10th Anniversary and Livestrong
TB2.jpg

TB2 LS.jpg

TB2 Twins.jpg

Followed by the rise of the machines and one of my personal favorites... Red MM
Red MM.jpg

Roxy :)
Black MMD.jpg

And my retirement timepiece... Say hello to her sister Margaux ;)
Black and Red MMD.jpg

Last edited:
Once in, your never truly out. Look @Dallas O Hog he retired a while ago:rolleyes:. I think what most mean by retire is to no longer breaking the bank account and robbing children's college funds for their Oakley addiction .Not Spending endless hours searching and in turn becoming obsessed with buying them. For others it's not charging on your credit card Oakleys they can't afford at the end of the day.

Once in, your never truly out. Look @Dallas O Hog he retired a while ago:rolleyes:. I think what most mean by retire is to no longer breaking the bank account and robbing children's college funds for their Oakley addiction .Not Spending endless hours searching and in turn becoming obsessed with buying them. For others it's not charging on your credit card Oakleys they can't afford at the end of the day.
Haha why u gotta call me out Dingo. Yea it's a lot to always be searching for the next pair or trading up. Took up a ton of time. Wife actually misses me chasing after that elusive pair. Keep what means the most to u and pass on the rest. Ur wallet will thank u lol

LOL @dingo ate my baby!

Keep what means the most to u and pass on the rest. Ur wallet will thank u lol
This is what i'll be doing. It took me over a year to determine which ones I can stomach to use, which ones I want to keep, and which ones I can let go. Like what @bad fishy said, the items I have that I believe to be iconic are the ones I'll treasure. :)

Amazing collection bro @rex360hype;) . i bet the first 12 Gauge Olympic that will show up again u will be the first to bid:lolsign:.
But i feel u .its nice all the journey from the search to the achievement of ur goal, the bargain , the enjoy of unpacking new stuff.Thats what keep us.
i agree with @dingo ate my baby . @Dallas O Hog will also never retire. he just wanted a big turn in his collection habbit. he will come back strong and mean.well thats it for now i will enjoy my Sunday coffee:)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back