1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

As some of you have noticed, I'm slowly trimming down my collection. I feel like i've reached the peak of my passion in collecting so now I've decided that I can finally retire. This was a long journey to retirement, complicated by shifting from collecting X-metals to watches. That last step really put my life on hold. Don't get me wrong, it was a great pause, but a really costly one. No, I am not going away, but circumstances have changed and I will now dedicate more attention to other endeavors. I'll still be lurking around but will sadly stay in the sideline watching everyone else race for the best deals.

If you've seen my collection before, this will be a change. Less X-metals, more watches. This will be a smaller and more intimate album. The pictures that will be displayed here are items that I will either keep or use. If I decide to keep other items then I will add them here. But for now... This is my c"O"llection.

My very 1st X-metal circa 2001 - XM Ruby Juliet
    Retirement c"O"llection - XM Ruby Juliet.jpg

My favorite X-metal XS (Polished Carbon Emerald with Ichiro rubbers, XM Ruby, Plasma Ice with Ichiro rubbers, and Plasma Fire)
    Retirement c"O"llection - XS.jpg

24K Juliet and XS - Both of which now belong to proud owners but I just wanted to keep the pic ;)
    Retirement c"O"llection - 32.jpg

24K R2 and Half X are under repair right now... Once they return I will update this post.
    Retirement c"O"llection - 33.jpg

Retirement c"O"llection - PB2.jpg

Titanium 12 Gauge
    Retirement c"O"llection - Titanium 12 Gauge.jpg

Excellent for daily use... Titanium KS with Stealth Bezel
    Retirement c"O"llection - KS.jpg

The road to destruction... TB2 10th Anniversary and Livestrong
    Retirement c"O"llection - TB2.jpg
    Retirement c"O"llection - TB2 LS.jpg
    Retirement c"O"llection - TB2 Twins.jpg

Followed by the rise of the machines and one of my personal favorites... Red MM
    Retirement c"O"llection - Red MM.jpg

Roxy :)
    Retirement c"O"llection - Black MMD.jpg

And my retirement timepiece... Say hello to her sister Margaux ;)
    Retirement c"O"llection - Black and Red MMD.jpg
    Last edited: 4/22/16
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Nice stuff!
    rex360hype likes this.
  3. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Very powerful collection. Nice, iconic pieces to keep around.
    rex360hype likes this.
  4. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

rex360hype likes this.
  5. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Once in, your never truly out. Look @Dallas O Hog he retired a while ago:rolleyes:. I think what most mean by retire is to no longer breaking the bank account and robbing children's college funds for their Oakley addiction .Not Spending endless hours searching and in turn becoming obsessed with buying them. For others it's not charging on your credit card Oakleys they can't afford at the end of the day.
    gulfstream, supersharp, V2oak and 6 others like this.
  6. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats. Beautiful stuff you're keeping.
  7. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Haha why u gotta call me out Dingo. Yea it's a lot to always be searching for the next pair or trading up. Took up a ton of time. Wife actually misses me chasing after that elusive pair. Keep what means the most to u and pass on the rest. Ur wallet will thank u lol
  8. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

LOL @dingo ate my baby!

This is what i'll be doing. It took me over a year to determine which ones I can stomach to use, which ones I want to keep, and which ones I can let go. Like what @bad fishy said, the items I have that I believe to be iconic are the ones I'll treasure. :)
  9. STavros

STavros Land of the Gods and ....Molon Lave

Amazing collection bro @rex360hype;) . i bet the first 12 Gauge Olympic that will show up again u will be the first to bid:lolsign:.
    But i feel u .its nice all the journey from the search to the achievement of ur goal, the bargain , the enjoy of unpacking new stuff.Thats what keep us.
    i agree with @dingo ate my baby . @Dallas O Hog will also never retire. he just wanted a big turn in his collection habbit. he will come back strong and mean.well thats it for now i will enjoy my Sunday coffee:)
    Last edited: 2/14/16
    V2oak, Dallas O Hog and rex360hype like this.
  10. rex360hype

rex360hype Oakley Expert

It's actually a good thing I misread that @STavros otherwise I might have accidentally charged my credit card lol
    Ultimate-O and STavros like this.