1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

Picked this old lady during Xmas. Cost me something like 50 $. As far as I can see it is a Zero 0.6 Carbon Fiber with Persimmon. But the picture on o-review's database shows it with an O-icon instead of the stretch logo on this one so I am not to sure. But I don't think the original Sub Zero came with persimmon though.

http://o-review.com/database_detail.asp?table_name=glasses&ID=1075

Can anybody give me more info?

They are in great condition for it's age (7/10)

Retro Alert: Zero 0.6 - 4eha8a4u.jpg

Retro Alert: Zero 0.6 - epeny9yz.jpg

Retro Alert: Zero 0.6 - vatepa4u.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mopiko

mopiko Oakley Enthusiast

Looks like a subzero
    Whats the diff subzero<-->0.6? hmm..looks identical to me

3. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

I hope so as it was one opf my first Oakleys back in the days.

But as far as i know the 0.6 is actually more or less modelled from the original Sub Zero.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

it is a 0.6.

earstems have fangs =not subzero. also notice lens shape- they are wider than subzero, and outside edge is rounded the whole way. subzero has a flat section.

the stretch text was available in the first gen Zeros... it changed to the O later on.

5. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

Thanks BriP. That was what I expected. Still a nice pair. Hope to find some of the original Sub Zero as that was one if the first models I owned +20 years ago (along with the Razor Blades).

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah sub zeros are awesome. i have 3n, 4 and 5, but i been wanting #1 and 2...

7. Mikkelf

Mikkelf Oakley Beginner

Cool. For me they very much represent what oakley used to be all about. The mad design and functionality.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

definitely. same reason i love Xmetals, and the Splice, and the Eyeshade..

9. Oakleholic

Oakleholic Oakley Beginner

I just recently, as in the past week, became obsessed with sub zeros and zeros..I think its for the same reasons you guys said. They represent what Oakley used to be, and maybe occasionally still is. The radical design and functionality. The full coverage is awesome on those. I literally just got 2 pair off of hearno...I'm so pumped to get them in hand. Haven't had a pair of those on in many many years. One of them I got is a bit rough and will make a nice daily idgaf pair. Grats on the pickup, the persimmon lense looks very cool!

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah theyre abit fragile though, so daily is not ideal. maybe once a week/ weekends lol.