• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Returning Oakley Sunglasses That You Bought Online

Joey

Oakley Beginner
Lets say I ordered sunglasses at oakley.com. I don't want to return them by mail because im kind of paranoid about the $200 sunglasses getting lost or it breaking during the shipping process. In oakley's official website http://www.oakley.com/customer-care/returns It says

Return to a Store
"Visit any Oakley Retail Store with valid proof of purchase within 90 days for a full refund or exchange."

So if I wear to get them online via oakley.com could I return them at a macy's which inside has sunglass hut? Also could I return them to any clerk at macy's or only the sunglass hut clerk inside the macy's?

Also has anyone returned a oakley sunglasses from oakley.com before. How long did it take for them to give the refund onto your credit card?

It should be safe mailing it back. You call 1-800 number for Oakley, tell them you want to return an item and they will email you a return packaging label.

I do not think any other stores selling Oakley eyewear will accept the return except for Oakley and Oakley Vault stores.

Hope this helps.

No you cannot return them at a sunglass hut. An Oakley retail store is defined as an O store or a vault. As far as how long it takes the credit card to be refunded, it all depends on how long it takes them to credit back your card and then how long it takes your credit card company to process it. What model did you get and why are you returning them?

Well I have an Oakley O Store near me in Chicago but not an Oakley Vault. Will they take my returns? So If I go there they will be able to give me a refund if I just didn't like the sunglasses I got right? And they will give the refund back on to my credit card I used or give cash? The model I plan on getting is the Style Switch Asian fit http://www.oakley.com/products/7198/27552 Thanks for the help

Yes, yes, and yes. All the questions you asked are all answered in the link you provided.

I purchased a pair of inmates from the o store in sydney and they broke on me. I rang the store and was told I had to mail them in to Oakley Australia even though I had purchased them 3 days earlier and still had my receipt. I guess it's different everywhere you go. Good luck with it all

I purchased a pair of inmates from the o store in sydney and they broke on me. I rang the store and was told I had to mail them in to Oakley Australia even though I had purchased them 3 days earlier and still had my receipt. I guess it's different everywhere you go. Good luck with it all
That's because they didn't want to be bothered with something other than a sale. If they broke with a fault within 3 months I would expect to goto the store and have them sort the problem after that mail away but 3 days is awful, did it get sorted? I had to return some a wires once, bought them on the Sunday and wore them Monday to a theme park and whilst you couldn't see any marks on the lens there was a patch that the light coming in was much brighter than everywhere else.Took them back to the mall the bloke looked at them said ah "ok whatever" threw them in the bottom draw and told me to pick another pair.All their glasses were loose led on each other in the draw. I found something that arrived that day in it's box and didn't shop there again!

That's because they didn't want to be bothered with something other than a sale. If they broke with a fault within 3 months I would expect to goto the store and have them sort the problem after that mail away but 3 days is awful, did it get sorted? I had to return some a wires once, bought them on the Sunday and wore them Monday to a theme park and whilst you couldn't see any marks on the lens there was a patch that the light coming in was much brighter than everywhere else.Took them back to the mall the bloke looked at them said ah "ok whatever" threw them in the bottom draw and told me to pick another pair.All their glasses were loose led on each other in the draw. I found something that arrived that day in it's box and didn't shop there again!
Yeah it got sorted. Received a brand new pair

Back