• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Elite Juliet lenses - initial impression

Claustin

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
ND
Just popped in the Elite lenses generously offered by Revant for review. Here's my initial impressions.

Packaging: Nothing too fancy. Inverted colors for the box and bag. White instead of black. A nice touch. Don't really want to risk cleaning with the bag after my experience with the standard bag causing micro scratches, although it does seem slightly better quality.

Lens appearance: The "Elite" etching is nice. I put up some comparisons with the Ducati lenses I exchanged them with. Less (no) mirror. Darker appearance. They could use some "iridium" but maybe that's just me.

Lens fit: Bad news for me. One of the lenses is loose and I can pop the edge up out of the frame with the screws tightened up. This particular lens also had a small chip on the edge, which is still visible in the frame. Since they were free I won't harp on it, but if I had paid money for them it would have been back in the mail before I even put them in the frames to try the fit. You reeeeaaaaally need to be vigilant with your quality control, Revant.

Some pics:

Side by side. Ducati on left, Revant on right.
IMG_0289.jpg

Chip
IMG_0286.jpg

In the frame
IMG_0292.jpg

Fit. Wiggle not evident unless you're cleaning the lens
IMG_0290.jpg

But if you press up a bit the edge of the lens pops out. Again, only on this one. The other lens seems fine.
IMG_0291.jpg

I'm heading outside to clear the driveway. We'll see how they perform.

I believe @IUSTEVE mentioned his Juliet lens also had a chip. I'm supposed to receive a set to try for Half Jacket but they haven't arrived yet... That's probably a bad sign, lol.

Thank you for sharing the candid feedback. if it's not OEM, I have little interest. I'd be last one to board the aftermarket bandwagon. The lack of thorough inspection when packaging those up is of concern. A premium product needs to be presented as such.

@Claustin Thanks for posting this review! It is looking like something happened with a couple of these Juliets before sending out, still not sure what, but I am definitely looking into this. As @joecool862 mentioned, this did happen on another pair sent out to @IUSTEVE. I appreciate you guys pointing this out so I can make sure to get to the bottom of this.

I've looked into return metrics for these lenses and our entire time selling Elite, we have not had any pairs of replacement lenses for Oakley Juliet returned. While that's good news, there's still no excuse for these lenses sent out with chips. On top of that, seeing that these aren't fitting in your frames is not okay. @Claustin, I'll be sending you a PM shortly so I can dive a little deeper into this and make sure this issue is fixed. -Kevin

Thank you for sharing the candid feedback. if it's not OEM, I have little interest. I'd be last one to board the aftermarket bandwagon. The lack of thorough inspection when packaging those up is of concern. A premium product needs to be presented as such.
Yeah you'd think a simple eyeball test would prevent lenses with visible defects from being shipped. That being said I'm pretty happy with the actual optics in my limited outdoor time this afternoon. I'll get outside tomorrow a bit more and see how they look for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
@Claustin have you tried putting a small thin strip of paper in the orbital under the loose lens? I have a beater pair of Juliets and one orbital always has a loose lens. A couple thin strips of paper seem to correct the problem. Ah the joys of Juliet ownership :)

Thanks @Revant Optics. Like I said if I'd purchased these I would've been pretty disappointed but I'm sure it would be worked out. I've purchased a few other pairs but haven't had a chance to put them in yet other than my gascans and they fit perfectly.

Last edited:
great looking forward to hearing what they look like from the inside. Can you wear them all day without a headache, how is the clarity relative to oem, etc
Yeah I'm eager to get some extended time with them. I will say that clarity seemed superb this afternoon and contrast in the snowy conditions seemed good.
@Claustin have you tried putting a small thin strip of paper in the orbital under the loose lens? I have a beater pair of Juliets and one orbital always has a loose lens. A couple thin strips of paper seem to correct the problem. Ah the joys of Juliet ownership :)
Interesting idea. I don't believe this should be necessary though. The OEM Ducati lenses were snug and the frames are in great condition so they should be tight if the lens is good.

Back