1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
    Rich B

Rich B Oakley Beginner

I posted this under a thread called VL lenses, and thought I should label it better since it is not really about VL lenses. This is a compilation of three posts.

I ordered some VL replacement lenses for some Sideways frames, and what came was called Revant. The lenses fit with no problem, but I have not tried them out in the great outdoors yet so I cannot talk about quality. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of getting the VLs off of eBay. I will post a review soon after the weather clears up here.

I will take some pics in a day or two, but the Revant lenses are not worth it. I would send them back if I was in the States, but it is not worth my time to do so from China. They are thin and creak in the frames, the curve is not right or even close to original. The color is OK, but the mere fact that they are not even the same company as I thought I was ordering from has to be a red flag.

I still have yet to wear them outside since it is raining in Beijing today, but I call these a loss. If there is a market for lenses, maybe we should send e-mails to Oakley and try to get them to support older frames. I don't like this having to buy off brand lenses. If Oakley wants to be known for their optics, they should support their older things.
    No pics yet, but Revant lenses are garbage. Looking through them is a journey into blindness. The colors are off and things are blurry. It sort of feels like being really drunk when putting them on. Again, I have to say that Oakley should support older frames, just so they can keep the reputation.

Register to Not see this ad
    bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Yes, yes and yes....

"Do aftermarket lenses suck?"

"Should Oakley support older frames with lenses?"

Is there a better option than after market lenses?"

Batwolf likes this.
    Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Enthusiast

Enough said!

Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

From a business standpoint, it doesn't make much sense to keep parts around for discontinued frames. The reason they got discontinued is because they didn't sell very well in the first place, so keeping parts for slow moving frames seems silly. It sucks for us but what can ya do?!

rmontez

rmontez Oakley Collector Premium Member

you would have been just as disappointed with VL lenses as you are with the Revant. I was wondering about these lenses if it was a new company because I see them all over Ebay now. I think the best thing for you to do is get a pair of donor lenses that will work and have them cut to fit your frames. May be a little harder considering where you are from.

Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

That's not necessarily true. But I get what you're saying.

Revant is pissing me off. I had filters in place to catch the aftermarket lenses from showing up in ebay searches, and now a new company is littering my results!

NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

I was just about to say the exact same thing! Revant is the new plague on eBay. I hate it when searches return 90% aftermarket lenses :mad:

OOO

OOO Oakley Enthusiast

There's also another one called AOME we must exclude from our eBay searches.

IanM

IanM Oakley Beginner

I purchased a cool blue lenses from revant optics as a change for my yellow fire lenses for my Oakley Romeos mark 1. I have had the Romeos for 10 years now and the original lenses are still perfect.
    The cool blue lenses from Revant have lasted about a year and a half. Same normal wear and tear as the original lenses went through. Walking cycling.
    The coating has started to come off the revant lenses and i have had to take them out and put the original lenses back in.
    I contacted customer support and was told as they were over a year old they would not replace them.
    Instead they advise i buy another set of lenses, which as you can image did not make me very happy.
    I will not be buying lenses from them again they are obviously using a substandard product or process when coating the lenses

michaelpule

michaelpule Oakley Enthusiast

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Quote ME !
Draft saved Draft deleted