• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Revant Optics HC3 Elite lens impressions and review (Jawbone/Racing Jacket)

Here is my review other than what Ive said. I do like these more than OEM BI & BIP. They are clearer and just as dark as those. The surprising thing about these frame was indoor performance, I found myself NOT even wanting to take these off indoors! Im usually zipping in ant out of office buildings and stores so with these I can keep my shades on indoors whereas BI and BIP I have to take off undoors because theyre too dark. I would love to see other colors come out for this line especially a contrast lens! Like most people have said, its thick, polarized and does the job quite well.
The only thing I have to add was Im still scratching my head over lack of resistant coatings you use for you regular line and not this line. Would adding those resistant coatings shoot the price up too high? I used my hydrophobic pen on it and it did not seem to harm the lenses one bit. If you could make a light blue for pit boss 1 then count me in for a pair. Thanks once again for letting us forum members try these and hope my opinion helps.

Here is my review other than what Ive said. I do like these more than OEM BI & BIP. They are clearer and just as dark as those. The surprising thing about these frame was indoor performance, I found myself NOT even wanting to take these off indoors! Im usually zipping in ant out of office buildings and stores so with these I can keep my shades on indoors whereas BI and BIP I have to take off undoors because theyre too dark. I would love to see other colors come out for this line especially a contrast lens! Like most people have said, its thick, polarized and does the job quite well.
The only thing I have to add was Im still scratching my head over lack of resistant coatings you use for you regular line and not this line. Would adding those resistant coatings shoot the price up too high? I used my hydrophobic pen on it and it did not seem to harm the lenses one bit. If you could make a light blue for pit boss 1 then count me in for a pair. Thanks once again for letting us forum members try these and hope my opinion helps.

I kinda did overlook hydrophobic coatings since I never landed in a scenario to look for it and Oakley's own standard kinda dropped in that regard. Didn't the realize it came with Revant's regular lenses either, which does surprise me. I can't say it's a deal-breaker, but it'd really sweeten the deal if it came with the HC3 Elites.

For the sake of knowing I wasn't totally imagining things, good to know I'm not the only one impressed by clarity and visual performance.

I don't have much of an update to offer with regular use, other than as someone who hasn't used polarized lenses in a while (namely before the smartphone era was the last time)...ok maybe I'm not all that headache resistant, especially when playing phone games that require me to tilt...especially Asphalt 8 when you trigger perfect nitro. lol

Latest Posts

Back