• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Impressive and detailed review. I went on a 7 hour, 13 mile hike yesterday and this was the same exact pair I wore. As stated very light and comfortable, wore it straight for close to 8 hours and no discomfort to my ears at all. The glasses do stay in place although there were times that I was slightly pushing the glasses back in place but that is because I tend to look downward to see the trail so I don't trip on a piece of rock or step on horse **** that often litters the trails at Red Rock. The rim lines are noticeable to a degree, not necessarily bothersome but they are there. The glasses do creak due to its delicate design so I took extra care when I put on and remove the glasses, more so than I normally would when I wear a full frame pair. Overall I like this pair and recommend it if you need to wear a pair for an extended period of time

The replacement lens isn't a turnoff for me. Once I settle on a lens I hardly ever swap, and I mainly only kill M Frame lenses from hard use.

The occasional scratch isn't enough to warrant replacement in most cases, anyway. And if they sold replacement lenses you'd be paying how much for a couple of O Matter sticks? That's a complaint of mine with the Tombstone - pay $185 for a pair, and $65 for a lens... so I paid $120 for two clip-on stems?

That's an interesting way to put it. Makes sense, save for the degree of serviceability. But like you said in your case, it's a non issue.

The glasses do creak due to its delicate design so I took extra care when I put on and remove the glasses, more so than I normally would when I wear a full frame pair.
Could you add some more detail to this observation? Do the glasses creak only when you put them on or take them off, or do you find that they creak while riding under some circumstances?

Could you add some more detail to this observation? Do the glasses creak only when you put them on or take them off, or do you find that they creak while riding under some circumstances?
Yes when you take the glasses off, also depends on how you hold the frame. For me it's nothing major, just an observation.

From what I noticed, the creaking on my pair is heavily sourced from the nose .

My only other concern would be addressing your comments toward their being a bit delicate...at a rest or convenience store to refill my water bottles the Radars go upside-down into my helmet vents. I do not see that working here? Definite drawback if that's the case.

Thanks, and sorry I was slow to catch this. The EV Zero should be able to fit into helmet vents, arguably better than other frames since there's a bit more give to handle wider spacing if necessary. At worse it might might be as secure therefore, but right now I'm trying it with one of my helmets (Cratoni Terron) and shaking it. Doesn't seem to really slip. Tension is sufficient and lacking the presence of being an "end weight" helps. In casual use for pit stops I don't see this practice being an issue.

Unless you're doing EPO and getting post-dosage spasms. :p

im sure by the time someone will figure out the lens swap....maybe Dr. chop?or any other great forum custom artists....it would be great to customize them....

Latest Posts

Back