• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Reviving the True X-Metal Line with new 3D Printing Technology

i thinks its very much possible..
ive held a 3D printed sailor's knife prototype, and it was detailed and was really good..i dont know why they cant do the same with xmetals..

This technology is the wave of the future. 3D printers are available to the general public at very reasonable prices. Obviously those home printers print plastic at this point, but many industries have and regularly use 3D printing to make metallic parts. The ones I've seen and used before were made from titanium. Pretty freaking cool. Obviously I asked the guy showing me the pieces about making other things (because I always have xmetals on the mind) and he said those printer could print practically anything. Downside is that they are extremely expensive... For now... Let's be honest, we all just want a personal replicator like they have in Star Trek, lol.

COOOOLIO x metals can be revived for sure with this tech, but for an aweful price 750 a pop.

Back