• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rio Olympics 2016

702baby

Under The Electric Sky
Vegas Baby, Vegas!!!
Anyone watched the opening ceremony? Watching the replay of the parade of nations. Not gonna lie, I've never heard some of the smaller countries that are partaking in the games.

Last edited:
yeah, some of the smaller countries didnt even qualify in pre olympic tournaments, but they have a chance to represent their countries through the wild card selection... purpose of which is to have all countries represented in the olympics... read even one Laos swimmer who trains in a public swimming pool...

I think the Olympics are more of reality show than anything right now. Surprised the Kardashians aren't the Grand Marshals of the event. Between the threat of exposure to Zika, the contaminated water, the crack den like Olympic Village, etc. They have killed two people around the venue already, a mugger/car jacker and someone near where the Olympic flame is held.

Two people have been shot dead at Olympics sites in Rio de Janeiro

The bright side is we won the first gold metal...and it was in a shooting sport! Should get another in Trap shooting as well from another female.
Teen shooter Ginny Thrasher wins USA's first gold medal of Rio Olympics

I think the Olympics are more of reality show than anything right now. Surprised the Kardashians aren't the Grand Marshals of the event. Between the threat of exposure to Zika, the contaminated water, the crack den like Olympic Village, etc. They have killed two people around the venue already, a mugger/car jacker and someone near where the Olympic flame is held.

The bright side is we won the first gold metal...and it was in a shooting sport! Should get another in Trap shooting as well from another female.

Saw the first link - Very crazy! Was just watching an interview yesterday where the head of the Brazilian Committee said he didn't think there would be any security issues. Hopefully it stays under-control.

And yes - Awesome to get the first gold and congrats to Ginny - 19 years old and an Olympic Champion!!!

I know some people who took the trip down there for a few weeks.

They're saying it sucks down there right now.

Latest Posts

Back