• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rio Olympics 2016

It's maddening really, I understand that some teams also have NBA players and some really good players but still they should be winning easily. The defensive effort is missing and they just give up on some fast break plays and too much ISO plays. And they just won by 3 points again, ugh.
I only caught the 3rd and 4th quarters, I agree; no defense at all.

What about Hope Solo and "losing to a bunch of cowards"? This from someone whose idea of sporting behaviour is to unnecessarily change her gloves before the decisive penalty? Jog on....

In other news, second in the medal table as at today! So much for the previous hosts' hangover at the next games :)

What about Hope Solo and "losing to a bunch of cowards"? This from someone whose idea of sporting behaviour is to unnecessarily change her gloves before the decisive penalty? Jog on....

In other news, second in the medal table as at today! So much for the previous hosts' hangover at the next games :)
That chick is CRAZY Town!!

Going to step on a soap box for a moment.......

Can someone explain to me all this unsportsman-like BS I'm seeing from athletes and fans at the Olympics? Have I been "living under a rock" or is this now what the Olympics are like? I don't recall this last winter or summer Olympics?

Hope Solo......you lost....they didn't cheat.....don't be a sore loser!

I was watching women's beach volleyball and was so disgusted I turned it off after the first set. Brazilian fan's booing opposing Olympiads?????? I did some research and apparently this is what they do? REALLY?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?!

At this point I'll only watch events that non Brazilian Olympian's are in.

Besides true compeittion......this is why I watch the Olympics....... http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/17/s...hamblin-abbey-dagostino-womens-5000.html?_r=0

I attribute this, what I consider, "Demented Behaviour" to the "WIN AT ALL COST" mentality that seems to be proliferating through sports at all levels including youth sports (at least youth sports in the US). My question is......"What happens when this "WIN AT ALL COSTS" extends beyond sports into everyday social life?

Yeah, Lavillenie was booed terribly in the pole vault because he was competing for gold with a Brazilian, he was still visibly affected by it during the medal ceremony. The commentators here were saying that the Brazilian should have gestured to the crowd to stop.

I'm sure those people don't represent true fans of the Olympics but are children in grownups bodies

Still. That is ridiculous that they are doing that to the competition of their athletes.

Every one of them should be bitch slapped when they do it or expelled from being there.

Yeah, Lavillenie was booed terribly in the pole vault because he was competing for gold with a Brazilian, he was still visibly affected by it during the medal ceremony. The commentators here were saying that the Brazilian should have gestured to the crowd to stop.

If there is an athlete who makes some derogatory remarks, cheats, or commits some heinous act and fans want to boo them in protest, I'l fine with that. But just because they are opposing your countries athletes........sorry....not acceptable.

Back