• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RIP - B.B. King

No offense meant to the owl, but in general it always bugs me when people comment about someone's passing like, "well, he had a good life," as if the fact that he was old makes it ok. Yeah, that's the way life works, you live then you die, but personally I don't expect to be any more ready to die at 89 than I am now. Dying is dying, and it sucks.

You probably will be more ready than you think. Especially if youre sick. It isnt a tragedy when an old man dies peacefully, what more can you ask for? Were all going to die. To have it be in your bed after a life like that, sounds ok to me.

Hey ..... If I live to be 89 and am not sick I'll be happy.

What we can hope for anyone is that they live a long life and not suffer at the end.

BB had a nice long life. I hope he was happy with the results. Hopefully he didn't suffer at the end......and hopefully he does know that a lot of people will miss him and know that he was a great influence to many.

You probably will be more ready than you think. Especially if youre sick. It isnt a tragedy when an old man dies peacefully, what more can you ask for? Were all going to die. To have it be in your bed after a life like that, sounds ok to me.

Maybe, but I don't think so. None of my relatives in their 70s and 80s want to go any time soon. Even the sick ones.

It isn't a tragedy because that's the way life works. I'm more railing against the fact that we have to die at all. Even though immortality is impractical, even if it was possible.

Blues legend life is an enigma I see it everyday its a part of my job people do die and most of the time they dont want to who wants to die?? Nobody, but thats life although 89 seems to be fair a loss of life is always a loss and it sucks just think of it this way and im not talking religion here i truly believe that the next one after is always better.

Back