• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ripped Off By BXD0519 - DO NOT TRUST THIS MEMBER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all appreciate wanting to take advantage of a deal if a new member is just here to unload something as long as they're willing to prove they're legit. The guy I bought from has been a member here 6 months longer than I have and has 4 positive feedback. It ultimately comes down to caveat emptor and only dealing in your comfort zone. Guy doesn't want to go the extra mile to prove he's not ripping you off... no problem. I'll wait for the next pair to come along. It's only a matter of time.

Hopefully we can do business in the future when I get back to buying and selling. Have to move and money is really tight right now. There are a lot of good people on here and excellent traders, sellers, and buyers.

You know, in the Jeep world when someone gets scammed, there's 100,000 people on Pirate4x4 that take particular offense. Witch hunts ensue and there's a camp outside his house scaring him/her/Charlie Wenzel ****less until they right their wrong.

D60 rear 4.88s 35 spline - Pirate4x4.Com
This is a hell of a read... Was even better when his social security number and phone number and address was posted.

I am a Jeeper and you are totally right, I can make a few threads and have half of the west coast looking out for my Jeep if stolen.lol Its a Jeep thing.....

Seems like people are getting 3,4,5 good feedback's then using it to screw people.

i have a feeling some people are gonna have a hard time selling their things from now on. Unless they add the fees to be protected.

to EXR, could it be that maybe he sent the wrong item ot the wrong person?

The camera doesn't show it but these are the junkiest, used, scratched, half-broken-est glasses you've ever seen. They're fake plastic "Gucci" glasses. They're not even close to anything anyone would want to sell. It just as well could have been Hearno's hot wheels. The value is about the same. These were sent intentionally inside a fauxkley soft vault.

There's no way this was an accident.

Not sure if this will help the situation but just making a suggestion. Anyone who wants to buy/sell/trade on here should have an active eBay account where the other party can check for any discrepancies. I know there is a feedback system
On here but just throwing out a suggestion.

From this morning:

Exr29070 said:
bxd0519 said:
Exr29070 said:
Really surprising. 1 month ago I went to local vault, tried on a display, and got those bni sealed box. Wore them one time to go to post office, hated the way they fit, and shelved them on a stand until I realized I could probably trade them for my much-preferred J's. Maybe it was when shelved?

Its a minor issue, no worries. Did you get the juliets?
No. I got a package from you that does not have Juliet's.
18a7483a-9dca-fc38.jpg

These are what were sent. You can imagine Im not happy. Either send me the correct glasses or return mine.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Attachments

• 18a7483a-9dca-fc38.jpg
    18a7483a-9dca-fc38.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 18a7483a-9dca-fc38.jpg
    18a7483a-9dca-fc38.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 197
Follow up.

Exr29070 said:
bxd0519 said:
Exr29070 said:
Really surprising. 1 month ago I went to local vault, tried on a display, and got those bni sealed box. Wore them one time to go to post office, hated the way they fit, and shelved them on a stand until I realized I could probably trade them for my much-preferred J's. Maybe it was when shelved?

I see you decided to light me up and kick some dirt on me first without notifying me first. I am not sure what is going on but something may have gotten flip flopped. I AM on vacation right now, but I will see whats going on as soon as I return. There are ways to handle things, and bad mouthing someone and telling others not to trust someone without addressing things first is nonsense and shows poor character. I have had multiple succesful and happy trades on here, where you have none, and I see you are claiming to get "ripped off" by multiple people. Seems a little fishy....
I called the phone number you provided that was on the package and apparently was a wrong number. You can imagine how you would have felt. There is no claim of several members ripping me off. This was my 3rd transaction and all the others have been smooth.

I would just like to fix the situation. Essentially because I maintained my end of the trade the responsibility is on you to complete yours.

First off, I am on vacation and not fleeing the country as some would like to suggest (really?? you guys can't be serious). Second, this guy who has been on the forums a total of what a month? makes no notification to me before lighting me up like a burning tree about the situation. I have had many successful trades with some of the members on here, and have never given indication to be anything but trusted. I sent like 10 packages that day, and obviously there may be some kind of issue with the labels or something which I did NOT put on, the shipping clerk did (but I guess maybe I should have)... So I don't know exactly what the deal is but posting my Facebook with a quote of "Heres the prick". Real nice.... I'm a little disappointed that the mods accept this kind of behavior. Again for the record, the first I have seen of any issue was this post, and not a message or contact from the guy with the issue. And he's claiming to be ripped off by 2 different people (some guy with hot wheels???) combined with his short time and lack of trade history, it all seems a little fishy.

frankly since it seems to be the cool thing to do to post private messages for everyone to see, I will keep my communication here and not on PMs as that seems to be pointless. I'm shelving this nonsense till I get home, and then I'll get it figured out.

And he's claiming to be ripped off by 2 different people (some guy with hot wheels???) combined with his short time and lack of trade history, it all seems a little fishy.

That's another situation involving two completely different members, I was referencing their problematic transaction that I was not a part of. Again this is the first and only time I've had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.