• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ripped Off On EBAY

If you do get your money back and still need some original SJ lenses hit me up... I have a few options.

I sold my Juliets on ebay and I just let a bid go from $0.01 because their lenses were trashed. I put multiple times in all caps "YOU WILL NEED NEW LENSES!!!" and suddenly the bid went up to $250 in no time. I was shocked that I was getting that much and the guy who eventually won I actually emailed him saying, "Hey, you DID read that they need new lenses right? By the time you get new lenses you could have just bought a new pair of Juliets" but he said it was okay, and THEN it turns out he lived in Japan and had to pay up the butt for shipping since I listed it as "to be decided." I felt really bad for letting my Juliets go, but I felt even worse that the guy didn't really get a deal from me. And now I can find lenses cheap, so I REALLY feel bad letting my Juliets go, lol.

Check this guy out tho, I just bought my batwolf's off him and they're legit. Flak Jacket, Gascan items in johnnorth2 store on eBay!

Like others have said, you should get your money back from ebay if they are not as discribed. The guy seams very defensive straight away & not even asking you for any details. This guy knew what he was doing by the sounds of it & if this is the case it is why ebay is getting bad now-a-days. When I sell something on there I make sure my discriptions are VERY accurate & alway put that questions must be asked before bidding. I've only had one issue with someone who bought something from me, had them for 3 weeks & then advised me of an issue. I told them, through email, to return them in the same condition as they received them. When I got the item back they were a mess & had clearly been mistreaded, although I agreed with what they were saying (Sheepskin lining was a different colour when you turned the boots tops down). At the time of selling them I was unaware of this as my wife had never turned them down & this was obvious as there were no creases in the suade. Ebay refunded the money to the buyer without carrying out a full & proper investigation. They then demaned money back from me as I had taken the funds out of my paypal account & banked it. Eventually I was able to prove the buyer was lying & they agreed I did not owe them the money so ebay lost out. I feel that the system should work both ways & as long as the seller is able to prove the buyer is not been honest then they sould side with the seller.
Good luck with your dispute, but you should be sucessful with it.

I actually think eBay has gotten a lot better from where it started, and it's now Craigslist everyone has to watch out for. Literally...because you get stabbed. Would you rather be stabbed or ripped off right now? Think about it? Then get back to me.

I actually think eBay has gotten a lot better from where it started, and it's now Craigslist everyone has to watch out for. Literally...because you get stabbed. Would you rather be stabbed or ripped off right now? Think about it? Then get back to me.

I pitty the guy that tries to stab me... I bring a gun to a knife fight. :big_boss:

Back