• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rise And Fall Of Oakley Frogskins

KyleTheSid

Oakley Enthusiast
I am wondering what Oakley's best and worst designs for Frogskins are in your mind! Any feedback is welcome. All opinions are encouraged. And negativity is frowned upon.. Just have fun with it :biggrin:

My favorites (in no specific order) would be:
1) Supreme 24K
2) Supreme Chrome
3) SW Blue Chrome
4) Purple Fade
5) Primitive
6) Valentines Day Fade

And many disappointments:
1) DQM - wtf?
2) Collete
3) Atmos
4) Dalmatian
5) Acid Series
6) Eastern Border Set
7) BLENDS :sad:

What are your thoughts?

Hey guys,
If you don't know me, i am the youngest collector on here (13 years old) and i mainly collect Frogskins. I haven't had the time to post pictures but will after the holidays!

Anyways, I was wondering what you guys thought about this question. I am wondering what Oakley's best and worst designs for Frogskins in your mind! Any feedback is welcome. All opinions are encouraged. And negativity is frowned upon.. Just have fun with it :biggrin:

My favorites (in no specific order) would be:
1) Supreme 24K
2) Supreme Chrome
3) SW Blue Chrome
4) Purple Fade
5) Primitive
6) Valentines Day Fade

And many disappointments:
1) Collete
2) Atmos
3) Dalmatian
4) Acid Series
5) Eastern Border Set
6) BLENDS :sad:

What are your thoughts?

Well to me very few frogs are a dissapointment. I really like the frame so I like almost any color way. I do agree that the Dalmatians are a no no but I do like the acid series. And I love the splatters like the atmos and moda I do like most of the blends. I guess the only one I don't like are the Dalmatian ones.

Well to me very few frogs are a dissapointment. I really like the frame so I like almost any color way. I do agree that the Dalmatians are a no no but I do like the acid series. And I love the splatters like the atmos and moda I do like most of the blends. I guess the only one I don't like are the Dalmatian ones.

Loving the frame is an understatement for me..lol. Its the only lifestyle frame i like and looks good on me. The MODA3 were really cool but for some reason i didn't like the atoms :/ And there is only one BLENDS if you didn't know. It is the most sought after pair by most collectors along with Eastern Border, MODA3, VDAY, St Pattys Day and i believe Berrics.

Loving the frame is an understatement for me..lol. Its the only lifestyle frame i like and looks good on me. The MODA3 were really cool but for some reason i didn't like the atoms :/ And there is only one BLENDS if you didn't know. It is the most sought after pair by most collectors along with Eastern Border, MODA3, VDAY, St Pattys Day and i believe Berrics.

Sorry I got confused with blends and fades my bad.

My favorites....
1, Blends. Before there were fades the Blends were created to celebrate Oakleys colorful history. It really was creative and unique. One of the few pairs that need to be seen to person to be truly appreciated
2, Supreme polished gold/24k iridium. It is so loud and awesome
3, Blue chrome/+red iridium. very cool colorway
4, Neon yellow/fire iridium. Like the polished gold this pair is so awesomely loud and cool
5, Trevor Andrews. How could i not love a glow in the dark frame? Would rate higher if it had iridium lenses

The disappointments....
1, the entire Eastern Boarder lineup. some of the most uninspired Frogskin colorways. it was as if they just tossed together parts they had lying around just to get rid of them
2, Moda splatter. as a fan of the splatter frames in the 1980s I was very excited when I heard Oakley and moda was putting out a splatter frame. Then I saw it. It is more of a speckle design than a splatter which is why I am disappointed with it
3, Backlight collection. wtf is with the mismatch design? Not a fan. Love the lenses though
4, Banana Beat 2. Plain polished black frame with plain grey polarized lenses
5, Supreme Chrome/chrome iridium and crystal red/red iridium. The frames are completely awesome but the thing I am disappointed about is the lens colors are not as pronounced as they should be. They look more like black iridium or grey

Best:
Supreme Crystal Red/Red Iridium
Supreme Matte Blue/Fire
White Hot Polished Black/Ruby
Sunday! 4 Legged
Moda3/Grey
Commonwealth's
Matte Red/Grey (Should have been Fire)
Matte Black/Fire
Aus RedBlue Crystal Blue/Grey (Should have been Blue Iridium)
Antifreeze/Black (Should have been Jade)
Neon Yellow/Fire
Blends/Fire

Worst:
Acid's
Colette's
Smog's
DQM's
Dalmation
Wildberry

**Side note - I am not insulting Oakley, Oakley's products, or Oakleys history. I am simply just putting out my thoughts on some designs and color ways and asking for your feedback. Thought i would add that.

My favorites....
1, Blends. Before there were fades the Blends were created to celebrate Oakleys colorful history. It really was creative and unique. One of the few pairs that need to be seen to person to be truly appreciated
2, Supreme polished gold/24k iridium. It is so loud and awesome
3, Blue chrome/+red iridium. very cool colorway
4, Neon yellow/fire iridium. Like the polished gold this pair is so awesomely loud and cool
5, Trevor Andrews. How could i not love a glow in the dark frame? Would rate higher if it had iridium lenses

The disappointments....
1, the entire Eastern Boarder lineup. some of the most uninspired Frogskin colorways. it was as if they just tossed together parts they had lying around just to get rid of them
2, Moda splatter. as a fan of the splatter frames in the 1980s I was very excited when I heard Oakley and moda was putting out a splatter frame. Then I saw it. It is more of a speckle design than a splatter which is why I am disappointed with it
3, Backlight collection. wtf is with the mismatch design? Not a fan. Love the lenses though
4, Banana Beat 2. Plain polished black frame with plain grey polarized lenses
5, Supreme Chrome/chrome iridium and crystal red/red iridium. The frames are completely awesome but the thing I am disappointed about is the lens colors are not as pronounced as they should be. They look more like black iridium or grey

Thanks TOWSNBN, I was not saying that i did not like the meaning of the BLENDS i just simply didn't like the way it looked. Your right it probably looks a lot more creative and unique in person. Just thought id clear that up.

Agree with the thoughts on Eastern Border! MODA i thought was unique but Atmos killed it.. As far as the backlights, i have the blue/orange pair and put the fire lens in my matte black frame. These reminded me of the summer glasses that cost $10 out here in So Cal that all the teens wear. BB2 is a shame.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best:
Supreme Crystal Red/Red Iridium
Supreme Matte Blue/Fire
White Hot Polished Black/Ruby
Sunday! 4 Legged
Moda3/Grey
Commonwealth's
Matte Red/Grey (Should have been Fire)
Matte Black/Fire
Aus RedBlue Crystal Blue/Grey (Should have been Blue Iridium)
Antifreeze/Black (Should have been Jade)
Neon Yellow/Fire
Blends/Fire

Worst:
Acid's
Colette's
Smog's
DQM's
Dalmation
Wildberry

The smog plaid and tortoise are pretty cool! And the Wildberry n milk isn't bad. I would use it like for special occasions (Breast Cancer Awareness) But everything else i agree with! Thanks for the feedback!