• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rise And Fall Of Oakley Frogskins

Thanks TOWSNBN, I was not saying that i did not like the meaning of the BLENDS i just simply didn't like the way it looked. Your right it probably looks a lot more creative and unique in person. Just thought id clear that up.

No worries at all. I did not get that impression. and even if you did feel that way you are entitled to have an opinion.

well these are the choices for me, in random order of coz =)

1)Supreme 24k and Chrome - head turners always.
2)MODA3 - contrary to what someone said earlier, the Modas are true splatters. the Atmos is more "speckle" for sure. i had both in hand, and the difference is obvious.
3) Cult/B-1Bs - the grip designs on the sides compliments the co-release of the Grips perfectly. unique for sure.
4) APs - okay, not all are nice, but the idea behind it was brilliant.
5) Primitive - Ride the Lightning, need i say more? ha!

and those that didn't tickle my fancy:

1) Acid Series - it's just me, crystal/clear frames just don't work for me.
2) Beams - god-damn lenses. just not my cup of tea
3) EBs - rare as they are, looks like MPH frogs. as someone pointed out earlier on as well.

it's specific things that bugs me eg: clear/yellow lenses, crystal/clear frames, other than that, can't really go wrong with the frogs. ha!

2)MODA3 - contrary to what someone said earlier, the Modas are true splatters. the Atmos is more "speckle" for sure. i had both in hand, and the difference is obvious.
3) Cult/B-1Bs - the grip designs on the sides compliments the co-release of the Grips perfectly. unique for sure.

3) EBs - rare as they are, looks like MPH frogs. as someone pointed out earlier on as well.

it's specific things that bugs me eg: clear/yellow lenses, crystal/clear frames, other than that, can't really go wrong with the frogs. ha!

AY! Jono - King of Frogs! =) Forgot about the B1-Bs! SH*T! haha. i like clear/yellow lens for night runs and cycling but for casual its kinda..you know haha. Have a Jawbone obsession lately! lol

I can't believe no one has mentioned the STPL's yet, they are awesome and not just a different colour frame/lens combo. The stems are unique, kind of two materials and colours, pink lenses (which until the Blacklights was quite a rare thing), and they were laser etched to boot, plus they celebrated Oakley's history. The Andrew Pattersons are also great.

Wildberry 'n' Milk is just a disaster, it is the black sheep in the Frogskins family.

Beams are an OK model but unbelieveably over priced for what they are.

i love all gen 3 frogskins...that is why i have 101 pairs of them....i think almost all of them are fantastic, i love the goofy childish character they exude and the obscure nature of so many releases. however, i would prefer it if they stopped making them, enough is enough, especially with the ultra limited issues, and released so rapidly. it is now impossible for anyone to have every pair imo. also, i think to reissue some pairs again recently was wrong for numerous reasons. my fav pair is the blue chrome - blue, shaun white prototype, the rarest of them all.

We will have to agree to disagree. Neither the MODAs or Atmos are a true splatter design as it was originally conceived. The only similarity is they hav paint on them. For true splatter designs you would need to turn to pairs like the original splatter M frames or the eastern boarder crowbar. Even the stpl razor blade.

True splatters....

Oakley_Jeff_Staple_STPL_Razor_blades_blue.jpg

All very much different than the paint job on moda....

Last edited by a moderator:
perhaps you're right in that aspect dude. the splatters are different as compared to the razorblades, m-frames etc. my comparisons was solely based between the 2 Frogskins: The Moda and the Atmos, without taking non-frogskins into the mix. =)

I agree

They are all splatter patterns. The moda and atmos are high velocity splatter. The others are still a splatter pattern but are more like a drizzle splatter.

Favourite pairs antifreeze and stpl. I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a pair of sunglasses lol. They're just sunglasses. Overall I don't think frogskins are a great design. For a real classy pair of sunnies it's gotta be Ray Ban wayfarer Max b&l lenses...