• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Riser 4.0 4 tier question

the_owl

hard to kidnap
U.S.
Does anyone have one of these? How tall are they?
Really im wondering if they fit in standard display cases. Seems like they might not

I don't have any 4 tiers but I think I can weigh in with something useful...
I just got a few 3 tiers from @Oakley for life and discovered that I like the 4.0's. They are modular so you can make a 4 tier into a 3 tier or a 2 or a 1by not stacking the components that high - just leave levels off. Or take a 3 tier and a 1 tier and turn them into two 2 tiers. Unilke the 3.0 that has fixed length verticals that are only basically what they were designed to be.
As noted previously by @MJLSr, they have a built-in design issue - a prong that extends to the rear of the lens creating a potential for lens damage:
20151214_145312.jpg

So I took a cutoff wheel and removed the area above highlighted by a Sharpie mark. That gave me a somewhat neutered stand like the one on the right below compared to an unadulterated one on the left:
20151215_184007.jpg

Since they swivel it gives an opportunity to display pairs differently. For example, in its designed application the glasses are staggered/ tiered to the rear but since the tiers swivel you can orient them so that you can have a pair on the bottom, the next pair up recessed slightly and then the top pair fronted and even with the bottom pair- if that makes sense. I can take a pic later if you wish.

4.0's are pretty rare. Last night I text a pic of one that I was working on to an Oakley regional manager; he asked if I made them because he had never seen one. Maybe the design flaw rendered them stillborn.

Overall I like them. They allow flexibility that was not available in previous stands. They also allow light to pass through them, down to pairs on shelves below and radiate light out through the front creating an interesting glow.

Here's a pic from my Clone Wars thread to give a better visual idea, you could take the pair on the top and have it aligned with the pair on the bottom instead of tiered backwards:

4.0.jpg

Sorry for rambling! :)

Last edited:
I have a line on 10 4 tier and 15 3 tier. But Im guessing the 4 tier is worthless for people with cases. What do you think, carguy?

I have a line on 10 4 tier and 15 3 tier. But Im guessing the 4 tier is worthless for people with cases. What do you think, carguy?
All of them! If you can get the 4's for about the same price as 3's get the whole package and if not then maybe just the 3's. The 4's just don't fit anything enclosed. As I sit and conceptualize this its actually a shame O never used a staggered block sort of display. Interlocking the ends of the temples would allow a real efficient use of space. @qtrain ?

They'll be all be saleable as 3's anyway just by not adding the top tier to the stands.

Keep me in mind, buddddy..... Lol.

Back