• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Road cycling: Sapphire Iridium / Prizm Golf / Prizm Road

nemeseri

Oakley Beginner
I own a pair of flak jacket 2.0 XL with Prizm Road and I love it. But recently I tried on the evzero path and I was blown away by the coverage it had so I'm thinking about buying it.

Maybe it's just in my head, but the road prizm sometimes feels a tad dark in real changing conditions and I was considering something with a little bit more light transmission. With the EVZero I have very limited choices, so basically I see three options with 20-30% light transmission: Sapphire Iridium, Prizm Golf and Prizm Road.

Is it a bad idea to use the golf prizm or sapphire iridium for road cycling? Is the sapphire iridium darker than the road prizm? Would it be uncomfortable to wear the golf prizm on a very bright day?

Any first hand experiences are welcomed regarding these lenses. I'm still learning about tints and importance of contrast so I'd love to hear opinions on these too.

if its too dark, try the prizm trail. its designed for coming in and out the trees

I checked that out, but it turned out that the light transmission is 36% what makes almost definitely too bright for general road use. It would be a great one for hiking though I guess.

Short way to put it is, it depends. To someone, anything works. To others there's more sensitivity.

I personally do say stick to your gunswith Prizm Road because regardless if you need it, it does it's job real well. Does get tricky when pitted with the Zero EV. IMO it's arguably of the best pairs to ever wear, but not to own. More delicate to handle, not as serviceable, can't change lenses to your liking unless you buy a second pair.

i have all of them ..... i will say sapphire and prizm road...prizm golf at 30% light transmission is little bit light for bright sunny days...but still it has really nice tint..has a little G26 feel from the outside....both sapphire and prizm road has 20% light transmission...in the oakleys website sapphire is neutral....but it doesn't seem like neutral to me...there's slight contrast properties to it...

i have all of them ..... i will say sapphire and prizm road...prizm golf at 30% light transmission is little bit light for bright sunny days...but still it has really nice tint..has a little G26 feel from the outside....both sapphire and prizm road has 20% light transmission...in the oakleys website sapphire is neutral....but it doesn't seem like neutral to me...there's slight contrast properties to it...

^^^^ This.

I also have Sapphire (in Radarlock,Radar EV and Jawbreaker) and Road ( in Radarlock, Radar, Radar EV and Jawbreaker) and agree with the above.

Prizm Road is surprisingly versatile.

Latest Posts

Back