• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Robin Williams Died Today

Isn't there a surgery that minimizes that? Like an implanted electrical stimulation rod in the brain? I thought I remember reading something about that.

News said he had told his wife he had parkinsons.
Still no reason to check out like that with early onset. I'm sure his loved ones would have been more than happy to help with those challenges. So unfair to do that to the ones that you claim to love.
An awful, selfish final chapter to an otherwise stellar career. I hope that he and his family find peace.

News said he had told his wife he had parkinsons.

Haven't heard that part yet...

I once had a neighbor that did something similar. He had always been real handy / outdoorsy / active. His body began to betray him, with no prognosis for recovery. So he took a boat out into the ocean. And a gun.

Left a family behind.

And I once had an uncle (by marriage). He wasn't the biological father of my cousin but had raised him with my aunt. They had always seemed the perfect couple. What the rest of us didn't know was that he struggled with depression for years, was often on medication (but not always). Apparently after a long period of unemployment he got the idea in his head that he was a burden on the family. So one day, while my aunt was out, he pulled up a chair in the garage and ate a shotgun. Luckily my aunt didn't have to find him - she somehow sensed something was wrong when she got back and went to a neighbor, who checked it out.

It took her a long time to get over it but she eventually remarried.

If there's any question, those are both absolutely true stories.

Why don't we shift this thread a little bit to listing pieces of his work that you really enjoyed? There were plenty of obvious big hits but he did more than that; any favorites that are lesser known??

For me, Bicentennial Man. Based on an Asimov story. Kinda a future robot Pinocchio tale, though mature. Plenty of good actors in that one, but his and Embeth Davidtz's performances were touching.

Why don't we shift this thread a little bit to listing pieces of his work that you really enjoyed? There were plenty of obvious big hits but he did more than that; any favorites that are lesser known??

For me, Bicentennial Man. Based on an Asimov story. Kinda a future robot Pinocchio tale, though mature. Plenty of good actors in that one, but his and Embeth Davidtz's performances were touching.

I liked the fisher king it has always been one of my favorites.

I was just watching a biography from 2006 on him and at a premiere for dead poets society I saw him wearing a pair of Romeos. My DVR doesn't work ;( I wanted to get a pic of it. And I liked him a lot in good will hunting.

Latest Posts

Back