1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. demitri.prometheus

demitri.prometheus Oakley Beginner

Just wondering if there are forum members who rock the Radar on a casual basis, or is this more of a display/pure sport kind of thing for you guys? Thanks! :)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bigdog425

bigdog425 Oakley Beginner

i find myself wearing my radar locks more and more! the frame is just so comfortable.

3. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

I have 5 pairs that I rotate out on casual basis and I wear when I golf. I have an XL that I don't wear to often. A radar lock

4. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Used to wear them all the time casually. Now I have leaned more towards the frogskins for casual and radars for the golf course/sports!

5. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Probably my favorite frame, wear them just about every day

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

i used to wear radars casually, when they were my only pair of Oakleys! now theyre just for sports. and can i say, the PERFECT sport pair.

7. demitri.prometheus

I'm looking at the Livestrong in particular. Btw is it easy to change the earsocks on these?

8. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah, not too bad. Coming off is easier. When putting them back on, drop some hand sanitizer down in them so they slide on easy. That seems to work best for me since most of them have alcohol and it will dry out and make them sticky.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup thats exaclty the pair i have. yeah earsocks are a simple affair- it may need some soap/ coaxing to pull on and off- dont force it as you may bend the earstems.

also the first gen livestrong radar had an issue with the earsocks- the rubber degraded rapidly for no reason. i think later generations have the issue fixed.
    (early gen had the black microbag with livestrong tag, newer gen has the printed microbag)

word to the wise though, the radar livestrong is abit.. bright with all the yellow bits. id much recommend a lifestyle/ wire pair- crosshairs maybe- for a daily wear.

10. demitri.prometheus

I'm actually looking hard at both the Deviation and the Radar. Possibly getting two pairs. :D

Yes, to the yellow bits. Which is why I asked about the earsocks, changing them to black would make it less eye-intrusive. :)