• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rolling O Lab

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I had a chance to stop by the Rolling O Lab today, what an amazing experience! Here is what they do:

[video=youtube;UUoV-NqruDc]

89062616.jpg

12984628.jpg

Equipment they use to do the optical clarity/distortion testing

36884324.jpg

Showing raw polycarbonate and how Plutonite lenses are made

I asked if I could buy those Goldbrooks and was politely denied :(

line that fires the 1/4" steel ball

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where they drop the steel spike

Beer tap they had in the lounge area, super jealous!

One of their sick trucks!

54469739.jpg

And they gave me one of these!

They were probably the coolest guys I've ever met. So laidback and but they love what they do and love to teach people about Oakley and they definitely gave me some good hospitality being an Oakley fanatic. If you ever have a chance to see one in person I definitely recommend checking it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a chance to see one last year. Batwolf is right, really chill guys and laid back. I asked them how it worked and they said they travel for about 3 weeks straight and get to get home about once a month for a 3 month stint or so. They do all the lens demo's and show you how the injection molding process works.

I carefully chose a pair to wear that day and went with the London Police Gascans. Two of the guys asked me all about them and said that he wanted one but they didn't let them get first dibs on the artist editions when they were released. made me feel extra special lol

WOW i wish i would have the chance to stop by the O-Lab one day . . .
great pics dude thank you!

Back