• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1.0 - Base Lens For A Custom Chop?

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
Thanks!
Normal or xl and irid or pol?
use the fast jacket xl, you could use non polarized n non vented jawbone lenses.

That's weird. I lined up my Romeo lens to my Fast Jacket lenses and they weren't compatible. The base curve was the same, but the FJ lens wasn't big enough. I tried my standard and XL lens with the same results.

fast jacket lenses are bigger than r1 bro, maybe you're reffering to flak jacket. flak jacket are way more smaller than fast jackets. i even use fast jacket lenses for r2 lenses. even though the end part of the r2 lenses are a couple of mm short :)..

I don't know the dimensions, but a Holbrook lens seems to be large enough for a R1. Can someone confirm?

Hey guys, my first post, new to the forum but long time troller:)

Thought I could help here, I have a pair of Romeo's and Fast Jackets (regular, not the XL), so figured I'd go take a look first hand. I'm getting ready to try and do a custom job for my Romeos as well since the original lenses on them are badly scratched. Anyways, at first I looked at the Fast Jackets and said no way in hell you're gonna get a Romeo lense out of that, but low and behold, turns out you sure can. It juuuuuuuust makes it on the vertical, plenty of space on the horizontal. I imagine if you get the XL version you should have a little more comfort room to work with on the vertical, but either one will work. As far as the contour - I can't be 100% sure until I actually cut the lense, but it does seem that contour of the two lenses are the same. What I can say for certain is that the Romeo lense was making contact with the fast jacket around the entire perimeter, which means if anything the romeo's might have slightly more curve, but did seem like they were spot on.

And for the visual confirmation (The tops of both lenses are perfectly lined up, you can see the little bit of excess material along the bottom edge):

Romeo_FastJacket_Lens_Left.JPG

Romeo_FastJacket_Lens_Right.JPG

Romeo_FastJacket_Lens_Top.JPG

Romeo_FastJacket_Lens_Profile.JPG

And for the visual confirmation (The tops of both lenses are perfectly lined up, you can see the little bit of excess material along the bottom edge):

Thanks for your pics and checking this out.

Back