1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Anyone have any idea how many survived? I know they are rare. Just courious if any hard data had surfaced.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

basically almost all that were made still are arund. they are titanium and built to last. at most, the lenses are shot. noone is gonna throw away a $375 sunglass frame..

They arent rare - just really expensive. you can find them pretty readily..

3. Bilogsky

Bilogsky Oakley Beginner

I thought Oakley destroyed all that were handed over to them because of the design flaw?

4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Maybe. But they still made them for 7 years

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ive never heard confirmation that they in fact destroyed the frames.. although you are right, i didnt consider the recall. Im uncertain of the number that were sent back, but im gonna estimate around 15% of customers would have done so. most would be due to lenses cracking.

That said, the romeo is still widely available today. its jsut if youre willing to pay the premium, or wait for a good price =)

6. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

Or...some certain eBay sellers were able to get their hands on them, hence the same sellers always somehow selling Romeos

7. nalong86

nalong86 Oakley Beginner

Brip is 100 percent correct, they are not really rare, they are rare in perfect condition but the frames themselves are on ebay pretty frequently. Romeo 1's are more prevalent on ebay than a romeo 2 is lately. Just expensive because all the collectors want them

8. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Good insights, thanks

9. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I think it holds a special place as well being the 1st xmetal, and it's movie appearances.

10. nalong86

nalong86 Oakley Beginner

I would agree with that