• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo "1.0" - Replacement Rubbers? (earsocks, Nosebombs, Etc??

CrazyALee

I should Work at Oakley
CA, USA
Hello. I recently purchased a brand new romeo 1.0 (x-metal/black iridium). Since these were discontinued 10+ years ago, I was wondering if any of oakley' current replacemtn kits are compatable to replace my romeo unobtainum pieces...the rubbers for the nose, side temples, and such. Please let me know what I can do to replace them when they wear out over time? Thank you.

The nosepieces are hard to find. I do not believe Oakley Customer Care is able to find them (though I'm pretty positive they have stock)...you can try the warranty department...its pretty hit and miss. Otherwise, I would keep an eye on eBay...I've seen nice full sets of rubber pop up for decent prices now and again. As for the t shocks and earsocks, the same ones used on the Juliet fit the Romeo 1 so those will be readily available for the forseeable future-I would call Oakley Customer Care and say you just need to buy some Juliet t shocks and earsocks...shouldn't be more than $10 for a set of 15 and 25 t shocks and set of earsocks (and they'll ship them to you for free).

The nosepieces are hard to find. I do not believe Oakley Customer Care is able to find them (though I'm pretty positive they have stock)...you can try the warranty department...its pretty hit and miss. Otherwise, I would keep an eye on eBay...I've seen nice full sets of rubber pop up for decent prices now and again. As for the t shocks and earsocks, the same ones used on the Juliet fit the Romeo 1 so those will be readily available for the forseeable future-I would call Oakley Customer Care and say you just need to buy some Juliet t shocks and earsocks...shouldn't be more than $10 for a set of 15 and 25 t shocks and set of earsocks (and they'll ship them to you for free).

tried callin warranty dept...lady i spoke with had to put me on hold..she said she didnt know what a nosebomb was..i was trying to use my professor x skills and make her mind turn into a vegetable.

tried callin warranty dept...lady i spoke with had to put me on hold..she said she didnt know what a nosebomb was..i was trying to use my professor x skills and make her mind turn into a vegetable.

Swell. Likely a post Lux hire who thinks all Oakleys either have no rubber pieces or do but why would you want to replace them because by then the glasses could be tossed for a new pair. It's hit and miss with them....I got a guy last month who was clearly an old timer....spoke the language, knew how to dig in the database for stuff, override the system to no charge...really super nice. I asked him if he'd be my personal Oakley contact cause those reps are rare

Latest Posts

Back