• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 and stress cracks.

OakleyOneKenobi

I am Jim Jannard...
UK
Wonder if anyone has thought about this before? My theory on why R1 lenses get stress cracks is the size of T-shocks you have fitted. I have been playing around with different shocks on a pair of Romeo and the thicker the T-shock the more stress on the R1 joins at the nose bridge. I have fitted 15's and there is hardly any stress now on the lenses due to lack of movement in the frame.
I bought a pair 2 years ago and there were zero cracks even though they were well used. Funny enough they had 15's in! I know that everyone has a different head size, but it maybe something to keep in mind when wearing your precious R1's.

It has been thought of

There is a solution and its to cut the lenses the slightest bit to relieve the stress at the point on the lens where it happens.
Good point. I just notice that there is hardly any flex on the joints when I use 15's. I think both would be a good idea if it saves your lenses.

There are actually thicker temple shocks made for Romeo aside the common #25 and #15, if I'm not mistaken those are #50 and #75.
Yes there are. I have the 50's but not the 75's. I think it is about choosing the right size so their is hardly any flex when you put on your R1's. A lot of people don't seem to know or care what size shocks they have in. I think that is part of the problem with the lenses.

Latest Posts

Back