1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NuttyOAK13Y

NuttyOAK13Y Oakley Collector Premium Member

Wonder if anyone has thought about this before? My theory on why R1 lenses get stress cracks is the size of T-shocks you have fitted. I have been playing around with different shocks on a pair of Romeo and the thicker the T-shock the more stress on the R1 joins at the nose bridge. I have fitted 15's and there is hardly any stress now on the lenses due to lack of movement in the frame.
    I bought a pair 2 years ago and there were zero cracks even though they were well used. Funny enough they had 15's in! I know that everyone has a different head size, but it maybe something to keep in mind when wearing your precious R1's.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

It has been thought of

There is a solution and its to cut the lenses the slightest bit to relieve the stress at the point on the lens where it happens.

3. NuttyOAK13Y

Good point. I just notice that there is hardly any flex on the joints when I use 15's. I think both would be a good idea if it saves your lenses.

4. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

There are actually thicker temple shocks made for Romeo aside the common #25 and #15, if I'm not mistaken those are #50 and #75.

NuttyOAK13Y likes this.
  5. NuttyOAK13Y

Yes there are. I have the 50's but not the 75's. I think it is about choosing the right size so their is hardly any flex when you put on your R1's. A lot of people don't seem to know or care what size shocks they have in. I think that is part of the problem with the lenses.

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  6. NuttyOAK13Y

Off topic, Can't wait for Silverstone next week! VR46

7. motoGP_fanatic

motoGP_fanatic Disciple of X-Metal

Yeah Vale is pretty consistent but Lorenzo is on the roll. Better qualifying will be the key to the Doctor's 10th premier title. Will love to see him do it this season. Go VR46.

NuttyOAK13Y likes this.