• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

romeo 1.... fake or not?

Hey everyone, I think those Romeo are the real deal. Actually I purchase a Romeo 1 in Thailand and wasn't satisfied with it at all, since I found out it was a fake. Learn my lesson, which is why I joined the O forum and now looking to start my collection here instead.
Well the difference on the fake Romeo is the Nose bomb, O logo on the ear stem is thicker, no serial number, no screw on the bottom and the X logo on the inside nose bridge is not clear. I'm pretty sure there's a post about them.

I've purchase a X Squared from one of the O Brother and I'm very satisfied with them.

hmmm thats what i thought.. but with a matching box and coin and all the bits... have fakes got that convincing yet? maybe the box was sent out with a warranty frame? i suppose there is a couple of ways a warranty frame could find its way into a matching box... .. but just worried if ive been faked..

Hey everyone, I think those Romeo are the real deal. Actually I purchase a Romeo 1 in Thailand and wasn't satisfied with it at all, since I found out it was a fake. Learn my lesson, which is why I joined the O forum and now looking to start my collection here instead.
Well the difference on the fake Romeo is the Nose bomb, O logo on the ear stem is thicker, no serial number, no screw on the bottom and the X logo on the inside nose bridge is not clear. I'm pretty sure there's a post about them.

I've purchase a X Squared from one of the O Brother and I'm very satisfied with them.

The best Fake Romeo has the ff:

- Wrong nosebomb, looks similar to Penny nose bomb
- If OEM, only 3 frame colorway, fake has more, same with lenses color, frame finish is also too smooth.
-Lens if OEM has no X-Metal engraving
-The X-Metal logo is bigger and upside down, the CE and USA frame marking also looks big
-The earstem as a whole are bent downwards, ends of stem are flared.
-Earsocks rubber is wrongly shaped
-Gasket and rubbers looks and feel cheap and poor quality, rubbers are sometimes comes in non OEM color
-Not sure but the bolt/ screws might be wrong (size and type)
-IIRC the weight is 12 grams heavier at least
-The nose bridge front shaped a bit "flatter" compared OEM
- Will definitely will not have serial number

Hope this info helps.

well i ordered them on 18th.. posted 19th. and still haven't reached uk let alone me. famously slow italian post system.. they been procssing in milan international depot for 2 days. lets see if i get them... last time i ordered a pair of bnib cinder monster dogs from italy.. took 3 weeks and they turned up scratched.. frame and lenses.. hopefully they get to uk today. and to me by saturday. then i can post pics of my new fake oakleys... maybe even get one of those little black and red O stickers to put on the lenses.. cant wait..