• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 For More Than 1K

i do not think this is a 'Real McCoy' pair from the pics. true the original box adds value, but no evidence this is the original - label torn off and no image of the end label (if there is one there), the VERY original box was unique - unless examples exist on real early Juliets that remain unknown to me - the Romeo red rubber pair had text filling middle section under the box, unlike normal (all other) boxes. serials did not match labels as serial was not printed on the label for this Romeo, but should be 'hand written' faintly on the corner (like our juliet/x squared 24ks on the inner box). the microbag in the pic is HDO - not the original with the white tag. my own pair is serial 1112 - quite low, with the label folding under the box that had to be cut to open it, but is styled different to later Romeo. i wonder if all boxes were the same text/label style throughout the four figure serial release.

What I understand is that from serial 0001 to serial 5000 all produced Romeos are named Jordan and have red ear socks, after that batch all x metal Romeo is just that: X Metal Romeo. You cannot designate Jordan to a Romeo that has a serial higher than 5000

What I understand is that from serial 0001 to serial 5000 all produced Romeos are named Jordan and have red ear socks, after that batch all x metal Romeo is just that: X Metal Romeo. You cannot designate Jordan to a Romeo that has a serial higher than 5000

yes this was the original intention and yes the first 5000 are the 'jordans' to collectors. that is what oakley told their fans when they wear building hype for them romeos introduction. in fact one of the very first ones made went for $1500 before they hit the market. i think it was at a charity event or the x-metal launch but cannot remember now.

note they did decide to put red earsocks on pairs after the first 5000 as well just to use up stock which is why you may find romeos above 5000 with red earsocks. they odd part is they ended up making more red earsocks anyway for warrant purposes.

so the short of all this is the first 5000 are indeed the true 'jordan' and everything else is a regular romeo. i think this fact will be relegated to collector trivia and knowledge. i doubt oakley ever documented this and probably most likely do not remember this due to employee turnover and bad memory.

Regarding the Jordan Romeo:

Serial must be xxxx

Only the first 5000 were considered to be the "Limited Edition" & up to 9999 are considered Jordan Romeos

Michael Jordan himself has/had 0023

Red earsocks must be smooth, i.e. no etching on them....if you see a "Jordan Romeo" with etching on the red earsocks, those are custom or have been swapped & are NOT factory.

There is nothing on the box to mark them as Michael Jordan Romeos.

This is straight from an O-Review thread that had input from many long time, well connected & respected collectors in 2006.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the knowledge
I really don't care for the price tag he's got, to each his own, I just wanted to know if he really has a true Jordan.

Back