• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Frame Colors

jiveSEVEN

I Should Work at Oakley...
Denver, CO
Hey guys, I have both the x metal/black iridium and titanium/gold Romeo 1. In pictures, the titanium frame looks really smooth. Since I own titanium pennys now, I can tell a huge difference between titanium and x metal. My titanium/gold R1 though looks like it is an x metal frame. There is no real way to tell because the serial numbers are all the same for R1s. I am thinking it is a custom R1, since it has custom cut OEM polarized gold lenses. It also has a rootbeer R1 kit which originally came on the titanium frame. Can anyone clarify the if the finish on the original titanium/gold is very smooth, and not industrial like the X Metal? For anyone who has titanium R1s, can you post a pic? Thanks!

Here you go. Can't get good lighting to take a pic right now!

LVikW.jpg

alright when you get good lighting take a closeup of the two frames together.. doesnt have to be the whole frame just part of it. but from here looks like X-metal to me. the titanium/plasma is lighter.. more champagne-y

Titanium came in generations like Plasma. First gen Titanium is matte finish like X Metal, Second gen Titanium is smooth.

I've got first gen Titanium Romeos.

here's the first gen gold titanium
r1-1.jpg

here's the 2nd
r2.jpg

(these are not my romeos and pics. I give credit to the owner:)

both have gold lenses and rubbers

Back