• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Needing Confirmation

atty_65

Oakley magician
California
Just recently having my Xmetal inventory, alas, to my surprised my beloved Romeo 1 Plasma Fire somehow is not quite right on the serial number, they are not at all aligned, are they production problem or i have in my hand a possible fake?

imagewye.jpg

I have two more romeo1 and immediately after discovering this, i made a thorough comparison among them, weight are just the same +- .06 between them, ce and made in usa signs are perfectly the same, size, rubbers,arms are just the same based on my opinion coz i see them in actual...the lens has an Xmetal etch and they are in the right size and properly aligned...

wow, this makes me think twice...somehow, someone out here can help me out...here is the pics together with my other romeo's...sorry for the crappy pics it was taken on my mobile coz i can wait to asked it here....

imagepl.jpg

imagewye.jpg

imagepl.jpg

I don't think you have anything to worry about, but I'm no expert by any means. I just checked mine and my number seems a bit low in placement, in position to the "x" stamp. I'd chalk it up to the price of hand finished products...consistencies in quality controlled finishes will vary.

Here's my # placement...
vazuheru.jpg

just what i thought, i havent seen quite a lot of romeo1 and i have no comparison, been around here in the forum for few months, maybe this is already been discussed in a thread...my adrenalin is slowing down seeing your romeo1 has the same serial out of placement...tnx for the quick reply!

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure if all the other tell tale signs of an authentic piece are there, then you are just fine. When the others with R1's chime in we'll know for sure, lol.

Back