• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Romeo 1 orbital screws

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I needed a new orbital screw for my R1 and decided to try and find my own replacements rather than paying 5 a piece for them. I couldn't find an exact replacement but found some where the head diameter was about 20 thousandths bigger. I bought some machined the head down and have some leftover figured I'd throw them up for sale if anyone else was looking for some. They aren't an exact replacement but as close as I could get. The head diameter is machined to the same size as original .136". The head thickness is about 10 thousandths thicker which is actually nice because it gives a little more depth for the torx to grab. They are T6 size. The overall length of the originals is .313" mine are .340". I have them in both my R1 frames and the little extra length doesn't seem to be a problem. They are 18-8 stainless steel. If you would like some they're $2 a piece plus $1 shipping. I've got 18 extras. Thanks for looking.

Original on left mine on right

20150913_145118.jpg

Mine

20150913_145334.jpg

Original

20150913_145538.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Pm sent, I'll try a couple!

4 pending sale.

That is actually cool that you tried that imo. I guess you must know what you're doing. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig, but you already were ;) great job.

4 sold. 14 still available.

2 more sold 12. Available.

12 still available.

pmsent

7 left.

For anyone following this, the screws fit nice and snug. Driver grips them perfectly. I bought some for that "Just in case" moment. I needed them the very day they arrived. Anyone here who knows me will understand.