• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1: prescription lenses

Totally understand. I also want to apologize to the community for breaking what is an important rule. I went once earlier to exchange and wondered why I couldn't use it. I'll look further into both options after hours! If you know how to remove the last comment I'd be happy to do it. Sorry again guys.

I wouldn't worry about it - we have a bunch of people who show up not to participate in the forum but just to quickly buy or sell an item then disappear, and try to bypass or manipulate the system to do so. That sort of thing frustrates people and is discouraged.

But you appear to be a genuine enthusiast who wants to participate in the community and can bring some knowledge, as well as the service. So I don't think your above post is cause for a problem. But you should still re-list it in the exchange once you have access.

The Romeo is available with OTD lenses. We currently offer around 40 lens colors.

True Statement, I have had 2 sets made in the last year, and personally talked to Oakley Customer Service a couple weeks ago about another.

Hi Chris A Hardaway
Im new to the forum and have joined so that I can find out a few facts about Oakley prescription sunglasses, I have a pair of half flack jackets and would like to put prescription xlj polarised lenses in them, I have been told that they are quiet thick at the outer edges of the lens and thinner by the nose piece, is this correct? secondly I have an old pair of Romeo 2 x metal and wonder if you could supply prescription lenses for these?

Thanks in advance

Roger

Hi Chris A Hardaway
Im new to the forum and have joined so that I can find out a few facts about Oakley prescription sunglasses, I have a pair of half flack jackets and would like to put prescription xlj polarised lenses in them, I have been told that they are quiet thick at the outer edges of the lens and thinner by the nose piece, is this correct? secondly I have an old pair of Romeo 2 x metal and wonder if you could supply prescription lenses for these?

Thanks in advance

Roger

If you are near sighted (have trouble seeing distance / see well up close) then you are correct thicker toward temples, thinner toward centre/nose. If you are farsighted (see OK far, can't see near well) your lenses will be very thin on outer edges (temple) and thicker in center toward nose. Do you know your rx? Type it in here I'll give you an idea. I'd love to set you up a deal to supply rx lenses. BTW welcome! Most RX lenses on Oakley look great, they don't produce an Rx ( we have strict parameters) that will be heavy and thick, lacking cosmetic appeal.

Back