1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. fr0st

fr0st Oakley Beginner

Hey guys, I have a question. I snagged a pair of Romeo 1's from eBay, and they arrived today. My intention was to get some linegear rubbers and new lenses, and turn them into a daily wear pair, however I noticed a few things that I wanted to ask about. The first being this:

Romeo 1 Question... - fX7Tq.jpg

( Sorry for the horrible picture quality, I can take a better one if needed. )

When I turned them over, one side has a screw, the other has what appears to be a flat, grey, no holed surface. Is this normal, and something I have never seen before, or could this be the reason I got such a good deal on them ? Will this prevent me from changing the lens on that side ?

Also, they are missing the top gaskets. I paid 400 for them... with everything that is "wrong" with them, did I actually in fact get ripped off ?

Thanks in advance :)

Fr0st

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

I think you did, post better pictures and it will be far easier to help... But from what your describing you got some knock offs...

3. fr0st

fr0st Oakley Beginner

Here's a few more:

Romeo 1 Question... - xosOu.jpg

Romeo 1 Question... - qKn7X.jpg

It's probably worth looking at the post I had in the "potential fakes" thread as well, that was the first pair I bought, and just noticed they also have flat inside, instead of screw holes.

Oh dear.

4. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Foakley.

At least from the pics I saw

5. fr0st

fr0st Oakley Beginner

They have a serial and the raised etching on the nose bridge, as well as the x-metal etching on the lens on both pairs... have fakes actually gotten *that* good ? Stress cracks on the lens in both pairs too...

BRip actually had said the other pair were legit, as well.

6. Bilogsky

Bilogsky Oakley Beginner

The upper have torx screws T6....the lower should just have flat, they work like a pin which is part of the lower frame...

7. xmetalfreak

xmetalfreak Oakley Beginner

i think thats legit. the fake ones have different nosebombs.

my guess on what happened with that screw is the post probably broke off and the seller replaced it with a screw to hold the orbital in place(its just my theory). and for the price you paid for that, i think you got screwed. ask for a refund or return the item.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

Yup, the two bottom ones are pegs, not screwed in. They should be flat pegs that hold the nose piece to the orbitals.

1 person likes this.
  9. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Two things you can do:
    1. Send them back and get your money
    2. Try to get $200 - 300 back, buy a titanium bolt and ask your local jeweler (Nd:YAG-Laser)

10. SatManR190

SatManR190 Oakley Beginner

I think its original R1.