• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Question...

fr0st

Oakley Beginner
Pittsburgh
Hey guys, I have a question. I snagged a pair of Romeo 1's from eBay, and they arrived today. My intention was to get some linegear rubbers and new lenses, and turn them into a daily wear pair, however I noticed a few things that I wanted to ask about. The first being this:

fX7Tq.jpg

( Sorry for the horrible picture quality, I can take a better one if needed. )

When I turned them over, one side has a screw, the other has what appears to be a flat, grey, no holed surface. Is this normal, and something I have never seen before, or could this be the reason I got such a good deal on them ? Will this prevent me from changing the lens on that side ?

Also, they are missing the top gaskets. I paid 400 for them... with everything that is "wrong" with them, did I actually in fact get ripped off ?

Thanks in advance :)

Fr0st

Here's a few more:

xosOu.jpg

qKn7X.jpg

It's probably worth looking at the post I had in the "potential fakes" thread as well, that was the first pair I bought, and just noticed they also have flat inside, instead of screw holes.

Oh dear.

They have a serial and the raised etching on the nose bridge, as well as the x-metal etching on the lens on both pairs... have fakes actually gotten *that* good ? Stress cracks on the lens in both pairs too...

BRip actually had said the other pair were legit, as well.

i think thats legit. the fake ones have different nosebombs.

my guess on what happened with that screw is the post probably broke off and the seller replaced it with a screw to hold the orbital in place(its just my theory). and for the price you paid for that, i think you got screwed. ask for a refund or return the item.

Two things you can do:
1. Send them back and get your money
2. Try to get $200 - 300 back, buy a titanium bolt and ask your local jeweler (Nd:YAG-Laser)

Latest Posts

Back