• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Question

pay a bit extra for you torx screwdriver. also, ensure the bit is fully located in the screw before attempting to undo it.

^ +1 and apply enough pressure to prevent a possible stripping of the screw when attempting to undo keeping everything inline as you turn. I've had one or 2 that I have really needed to 'lock down' on, if that makes sense.

Sounds good. Thanks for all the advice. I've actually done a couple of things since yesterday. First, I took my R1 to the local Oakley Vault and asked them to remove both upper screws and take out the OEM lenses. I have to replace the upper gaskets anyways.

Anyways, the manager was able to use his high quality tool and remove both screws (even the "stubborn" one) with no issue at all. That was my first experience in an Oakley store and I have to say, if that's any reflection overall, they are pretty helpful.

Secondly I went ahead and purchased a better Torx for around $15. I can reasonably believe this is night/day from the previous cheap one that got stripped by the screw.

I'm sure they will have been glad to help you out. And with that, you will be a returning customer.

54049843-1506-451D-BB16-F80D1E758F23-1969-00000152AAF4AE92.jpg

F2234223-5DEC-405F-8B8F-4EA5B8C4E0C2-1969-000001529EE50A87.jpg

anyone can tell me how much would a Xmetal R1 without serial would cost? (item with box and coin)

If I'm not mistaken, the only R1 without a serial would have been a frame replaced under warranty. This would be difficult to price but should be similar to an unboxed version and depending on condition should be upwards of $600. Hope his helps.

Back