1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

I saw a new set sell for close to $200 on ebay a couple weeks ago. Are they really worth that much? I have a Romeo 1 I was trying to trade off, think I am going to sell it. But if the lenses are worth that much, I can take them out (have a brand new replacement set in them) and sell the two for more.

Or was that just a fluke? Then again, polarized Juliet ice lenses keep selling for over $100.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

If your willing to pay that much, then it's worth it to the buyer. I have seen them sell for $150+. But that doesn't mean your pair will. Plus your not getting $200 total, figure in listing fees, selling fees, shipping cost, shipping fees, then you get the difference. Also he may have listed it numerous times before it sold. I know of a few sellers that have ridiculous prices on their stuff, it never sells, but eventually it will because somebody will pay for it because they want it.

There are some people that list stuff based on the going rate of an item. This is not always true. Some sellers will buy there own stuff with a bogus account, withdraw from the transaction and cancel it. But the completed listing still show
    It sold. Then they list again a week later saying they have another pair. You think because it sold previous for that much it's worth it.

3. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

If you want to have an etched OEM lens you have to go the expensive way. They are rare!
    The cheapest way for an OEM lens would be cutting an OEM lens (no X METAL etching). Around 1/3 of $ 200.

4. mtedenajimenez

mtedenajimenez Oakley Beginner

i'd definitely pay that much for an original oakley replacement set with the x-metal etching in fire iridium. they have to be completely clear of microscratches, but if they are the real deal mint, then yea. if anybody has those Romeo 1 lenses in storage, PM me!

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Btw the reason polarized ice Juliet lenses go for $100 plus is cos they were discontinued earlier on and you can't get them anymore. Reason why I stashed a couple haha

6. marc2040

marc2040 Guest

Not yet, but .....

7. jcesl2

jcesl2 Oakley Enthusiast

Hmmm. I need to think about this. Thanks for the replies.