• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 Vs XX

You won't regret a R1. I love my pairs.

I use size 15 temple shocks, the larger ones were a bit tight for me.
Great to hear. I'm going to be looking soon for a pair hopefully. I have 15 t shox on my XX and x squared so that's hopefully what will fit me.

XX were a touch small on me. They had a bit of lacking coverage at the lower corners, and the stems just didn't sit right. Romeo fits me better. Less light coming in, and easier to tune the nose fit to make sure they're sitting low enough. I still had to tweak the stems a bit on my Romeo and I'm using 15 shocks, but I like them more than the XX. I might pick up another XX since they're a killer pair, but I'd definitely go for another Romeo if the price was right.

Ive owned my R1s since 97/98. I picked up a tio2 XX this year just to change things up a bit. The fit is different as others have mentioned, but the part I like about the R1 is the ability to tune them up to your liking and you can replace parts with the use of just a T6. Its nice to save a few bucks and do your own tuneups.

Love both, but I do seem to reach for the R1 more often than the XX's, they just feel like they give you a bit more wrap and sit just that little bit more comfy than the XX

Thanks all of you for the input. It is greatly appreciated. I think this will be my next pair. Anyone have any deals? ;) lol. What would be a fair price for one? I know this depends on condition and what not, but ball park range so I have an idea?

Thanks all of you for the input. It is greatly appreciated. I think this will be my next pair. Anyone have any deals? ;) lol. What would be a fair price for one? I know this depends on condition and what not, but ball park range so I have an idea?

500-600 will be ok bro but you must consider the condition of course! but get them as they are an awesome pair!

Thanks, I didn't think the ebay prices of greater than $700 were priced right. I am officially on the hunt, thanks to the comments and support of my o fam!

Back