• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 with square earstems

iwill

Oakley Expert
I found a thread or two that touched on this but I wanted to see if any more details could be provided.

My first R1's had squared off earstems but it seems almost everything I see has the rounded ones so I was wondering when did they make they change? The only square stems I come across are Jordan's but I'm pretty sure there were other runs with them.

Pic borrowed from another thread showing he difference.

image.jpeg

any info would be appreciated

I think the square earstems were from the the initial run for the romeo and all the four digit serial romeos (some call them the jordan romeos). The squared off eartems romeos i bought came with the xl x metal case and no box, Im guessing they did not come with the usual box, but with the metal box instead. But i can be wrong om this part.

I have an x metal romeo with both the squared off earstem and the rounded one. The square earstems seems to have rougher finish than the rounded one. It also fits more loose than the rounded earstems so i have the 50 tshox on them.

Thanks @mega8zero how low is the serial on your pair with the squared off earstems?

I purchased my first R1's brand new from a Sunglass in Pittsburgh international airport,they tried to sell me a Metal Vault but they didn't come with it.

Back