• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1 X-Metal Golden Serial Number?

Lydia

Oakley Beginner
Boston
I just bought a Romeo with a golden serial number. I've been told it is very rare. Does anyone know anything about it?

image1.JPG

Hi, I believe any Romeo is "golden" as long as it is great shape, and quite valuable. As for the serial it is a very high number, to some a low number is much "valuable" due to the fact that there is a Jordan Romeo. To some the serial number is not an issue but again the condition, together with the packaging and extras like rubbers and coin.

I'm sure others who are expert will chime in in a few moments.

looking at the lenses (no apparent stress cracks) they look to be in excellent condition. this will have a greater bearing on their desirability than a golden colour to the serial number. maybe you can post some more pics of the glasses and the box - if bought with them.

I seem to remember a previous thread about gold serial numbers on Juliets. I think it was simply oxidation or other aging process (maybe even a changing in etching machine) that was the explanation for the color rather than anything at it being limited,

looking at the lenses (no apparent stress cracks) they look to be in excellent condition. this will have a greater bearing on their desirability than a golden colour to the serial number. maybe you can post some more pics of the glasses and the box - if bought with them.
Thank you for your help )

Hi, I believe any Romeo is "golden" as long as it is great shape, and quite valuable. As for the serial it is a very high number, to some a low number is much "valuable" due to the fact that there is a Jordan Romeo. To some the serial number is not an issue but again the condition, together with the packaging and extras like rubbers and coin.

I'm sure others who are expert will chime in in a few moments.
Thank you )

I seem to remember a previous thread about gold serial numbers on Juliets. I think it was simply oxidation or other aging process (maybe even a changing in etching machine) that was the explanation for the color rather than anything at it being limited,

Here's that previous thread. It really doesn't start getting useful posts until page 4...

Juliet Gold Serial?

Back