• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1

markromeo

Oakley Beginner
I just found a old pair of these I had forgotten about long ago. I love the look but lenses are scratched, missing one rubber nose piece and red ear rubber bits are split a bit. Where would be best place to look for the bits to bring these back to life and any idea how much it might cost? alternatively to sell what would be a reasonable amount to ask for?

Thanks
Mark

Hi mark, you can also find oem rubber on ebay for mostly stupid high prices, but in general, oem is much better than any aftermarket rubber. As far as how much your R1's are worth, with out seeing them, its tough to tell condition but, 450 to 500 is not unreasonable if they are not bent to hell and screws are not stripped. Post some pics. BTW we have a few guys here that can cut you some new lenses in various color ways and are oem.

OK

Here are some pics....I hope....that was easy.

Wondering a few things from you pros.

1. Fair as is value
2. Fair value if I fix em up
3. To fix they would need rubber and lenses. everything is original. what are my best lense options?

thanks guys
mark

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Here are some pics....I hope....that was easy. Wondering a few things from you pros. 1. Fair as is value 2. Fair value if I fix em up 3. To fix they would need rubber and lenses. everything is original. what are my best lense options? thanks guys mark

So my estimation is that if yours is in fair condition. frame is in nice shape, lenses are decent(minor spidercracks), rubbers good then you maybe able to get around 450-480.
if yours is beat to hell, all rubbers need to be replaced, lenses replaced then i'd say 400 bucks. ( i recently got one for 396)
If you want to fix em up with new lenses and rubbers. Linegear has all the gaskets and nose bombs. Pretty pricy since they come from japan but its the easiest option. If you want OEM lenses, its best to look around on forums for someone to cut it for you as Romeo 1's all vary slightly ( lenses may fit or may not). This is just so someone can help fix it for you in case it doesn't fit.
Once you have it in good shape with oem custom cut lenses, new rubbers and gaskets, i'd say you can get 550-600 for it without box.

Picture364_zpsf0f40ebc.jpg

Latest Posts

Back