• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 2.0 "loose" condition value?

hotrodslp

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey All
A local seller has a set of Romeo 2 carbon frame black iridium lense glasses. I looked at them today and the nose bridge is very loose. Arms seemed ok. Some scratches on lenses nothing major.
I see that xman can repair these.
My question is what are they worth?
They do come with the box bag and coin. But they are a little dirty. Well worn and loose. And could prolly use a set of new lenses.....
Any input is appreciated

I think if the frame is good with no damage other than loose your looking at around $225 w/ the box. Lenses are somewhat hard to come by but someone is cutting them now.

X-Man tune up $50 plus shipping.
New custom cut R2 lenses $110
Bringing a pair of X-Metals ... Priceless

Consider the cost of refurbishing them, often times it exceeds buying a good condition pair to begin with. However restoring a pair is an experience in itself.

Carbon + Black = boring
If you're going to go to the trouble of a complete restoration do a cooler color way. You wouldn't do the same restoration on a 68 Mustang with a 6 cylinder motor as you would a 68 Mach One or Shelby. Both examples beg the question "why?".
Do an xmetal/ ruby or even the pair that you are thinking about with 24k or fire lenses (GSR2 clone). There's a polished R2 also.
But to have to do the same amount of work and expense and at the end wind up with a carbon/black???
As to value listen to GRF, he's on a roll.

Cool thanks for the replies. I was gonna offer 200 and see what he says. I agree w switching up the color lense combo.

Well I picked up the Romeos today. Will be sending to x man soon. Came with box and coin 1998. Sku is 04-137. Will post pics soon